11. LUCIFER

Meantime somewhere else

Matteo's pov

It's been almost 3 years, I still haven't located her. It's eating my head. I'm one of the most feared and powerful men in the Mafia yet I couldn't find her.

I still remember the day I saw her. She was fighting against one of my best men. She was small compared to him, she wasn't as strong as him and yet she won.

From that day onwards she has become an obsession of mine. Something I've wanted so bad but couldn't get my hands on. She's the only thing I've wanted and couldn't get, yet. That thought frustrates me cause I always get what I want.

She hides her identity by wearing a mask which covers her face. Hair neatly braided so it can't be used against her in the match. I've tried to talk to her but she never responded. I've tried to follow her but she disappears like fog. I've even had a little chat with Dante, his loyalty lies with me but even then he refused to give me her information.

He told me she likes to keep her identity secret and he has promised her that. I can't beat him like others, he's someone important to me as well. He took bullets for me.

Dante, dark haired, tanned skin, small Italian man. Loyal to a fault, you can torture him to hell and back yet he won't tell you anything. If he's keeping her secret, he'll make sure no one finds it. That's what making it impossible to find her.

I'm restless now, I haven't seen her for 4 months now. She has never done that before. I've asked Dante but he doesn't know what's wrong. I'm a mess. I can't afford distraction in my line of work. But here I am sitting in a dark room drinking whiskey straight from bottle and thinking about my Regina.

My phone rings reminding me of the deal I've gotta close today. Also have to attend dinner with the Russians, they are the worst. Funny they think I'm waiting for their long lost Princess and would get married to her the day she's found.

I laugh at the thought. I've been keeping tab on them, every move they make, every deal they make, I know everything. I've made sure they won't be finding their heir any time soon, so I can get out of this arrangement and marry someone who'll be equal to me like my mystery fighter.

'Calypso' is what she's known as inside the ring. Calypso meaning she who hides, ohh how it fits her....

"Sir"

"It's time"

Someone speaks disturbing my thoughts. I get up from my seat look at the person dead in the eyes, he looks afraid, his body is shaking ever so slightly.

"You need to close weapon deal with the Russo's" he says with a shaky voice.

Russo's aahh f*ck them. They've been causing too much trouble. I need to put a full stop on it. I take my jacket put it on, check my guns and load them. I gulp down remaining whiskey and walk out of the room straight to my car and drive away.

We reach an abandoned warehouse, I scan the surroundings and walk inside. I see 3 of the Russo brothers standing together, fake smile pasted on their face. Corner of my lips curl up giving them evil smirk, their brave facade suddenly seems to crack. Good.

"I heard Russo's are going out of the line these days and trying to create issues with weapon dealers" I state.

Youngest of the Russo brothers speaks "I'm sorry Denaro, but nothing of that sort has ever happened"
Eldest one adds "You know us Denaro, we wouldn't get on the bad term with you".

Both of them sound sincere but one of them hasn't opened his mouth yet. I look at him dead in the eye, I notice slight shiver. I smirk knowingly "Oh is that so, then why would I get a report saying weapons which had to be supplied to my NY base was missing half of its shipment" I sigh and rub my temple "You know how I hate to deal with these things" I pause and look upto to the oldest of the Russo's and say "You do know what I would do when one of my men who swore their loyalty to me, goes behind my back and trade my weapons and set dealers against me. Don't you?"