13. Surprises, Surprises

Professor Kingsley's pov

Ever since I set my eyes on Liarah Nightshade, she's the only thing that's going on my mind. She's so intriguing and fascinating I just can't stop myself from thinking about her. Every encounter with her just adds fuel to the fire growing inside me to get to know her, to know what's so fascinating about her. And there's something familiar about her as well. Something tells me that I know her yet she's complete unknown.

Just from my mail account I had once upon a time logged on to 'The Elite' our team computer, she hacked my phone and similarly she had hacked Ryan's phone as well and he usually keeps his phone connected to the sound system in our lab. One hell of a trick to pull through such a short time period. If that doesn't say how impressive she is, I don't know what else will.

But I was proven wrong when I accompanied Mr. Reed to the 'Monoclone' team selection finals. I was beyond surprised to see her participating in robo war and then she flawlessly wins that challenge. To say I'm speechless would be understatement of the year, my brain wasn't ready to process that she can be hell of a hacker as well as a mechanic, a stream of science where you don't easily find a female. And damn she can build a strong bot.

Through out all these encounter there wasn't a single emotion playing on her beautiful face. It's not like she's hiding her emotions but it's more like she doesn't have any emotions at all and I haven't ever seen her talk so I'm starting to think she really has a serious medical condition like Alexithymia or may be selective mutism because I've heard Mrs. Smith saying not to force her talk.

What I saw today is something I wasn't ready to see. Commotion inside college cafeteria drew my attention, the scene inside had my blood go cold. I saw her kneeling infront of a female student. And the one infront of her is a cheerleader dumping drinks and food on top of her, which isn't really surprising since I've seen cheerleaders bullying her and she never stood up. Then I noticed cheerleader looked frustrated and had something in her hand which looked like a card or note and was about to tear it.

Before anyone can blink Liarah was on her feet holding cheerleader's hand painfully. She looked majorly pissed and she was definitely angry that was clearly showing on her face. I don't know what the issue was but the look on her face says someone has clearly crossed the line and her patience has ran out. something happened and the card was flying in the air, landing on top of some jock's hand.

Liarah pushed cheerleader and was infront of the jock. My blood boiled at the words leaving that boy's mouth. He asked her to kiss in exchange of the card. Before I could stop, I cringed at the sound of hard slap. Before I could take a step towards them, some boys came rushing towards her and in a moment one of them is in ground clutching his stomach.

Then just like that cheerleaders where attacking her and fight broke out. I wanted to step in stop everything but major part of me was curious to see how this will turn out. And I was in for a hell of a surprise.

What can I say about the fight, there were cheerleaders trying to grab, push, thrash around to get a grip on her but failing miserably and then the jocks trying to help those cheerleaders by joining the fight didn't even faze her a bit. There were punches, kicks flying around and bodies falling on to floor and grunts of pain heard as they hit the floor. Yet no-one had even touched her. She's taking on all these students single handedly. How can she be so good at fighting?? Moreover all her hits are calculated and precise, as if she wants them to experience pain but doesn't want them suffering parmanent damage.

With all my past experiences I know a trained fighter when I see one and she's definitely highly trained. She's so in control of her movements but as fight progressed, she's holding herself back so she won't knock them out completely. And then something landed near my feet I was so immersed in watching the fight I forgot about it until Liarah frantically started searching for something once everyone was on ground grunting in pain.