Chapter 22

Georges pov

"But-" he stops for a minute. "I- I don't even know if I should tell you-"

"You can tell me, you already said this much this far."

"I know, it's just- big."

"Well? Come on. Spit it out."

"After they gave me all the samples I realized- I was starting to become immune." My jaw drops a bit. "I started faking the symptoms-"

"Wait, why?"

"Because I knew if they found out, they would kill me, George." I freeze, also letting Dream continue. He sighs. "I had studied the other subjects from previous doses and mimicked best I could to seem legit, sometimes even being extra. If their goal was to eventually kill off all the world, then they would no doubt kill someone that can't be killed by the thing they're using to solve their wishes. So I knew I needed to get out of there."

"Wait- so this was all in America, right? Is that why you're here? Wait, wait, wait- how are you here?" Now that I think about it, there was no way that I know of that he could even get here. Being these days.

"When I was really young, me and my dad had a great bond. We went everywhere together, played together, he was like the friend I never had." I watch his cheeks slowly form a smile. "I was never told what it was, or maybe I was. I was pretty young, so I don't remember to clearly. But he had some job, kinda secret I guess. I'm not sure if it had anything to do with this, but only he alone knew about it before sharing with me." Dream pauses before looking at me. "An abandoned underground railroad, leading across the seas all the way to the UK."

"Woah-"

"Woah, indeed. We went to it on the occasion, he showed me how cool it was, and that he himself wanted to drive it fully through the tunnel someday. I always looked up to that, I always looked up to him."

Dream then takes a small pause before continuing on. "And when I was taken out of my real family, I still visited the old thing. Even when being to recent it still brought back memories. That's also when I decided I was going to fix it." My ears perk up at the phrase.

"Fix it? What, you mean like-"

"Getting the thing working again. Sure, it was old and such, but I believed I could."

"Well did you?" He smirks at the question, stretching before giving the answer.

"How did you think I got here?" My jaw drops, I then go on asking questions, asking how he could get such a big abandoned thing to work. "It wasn't easy, took a hell of a lot of work, and when I saw I was immune, I worked even harder. Somehow, managing to get it done, going off leaving no trace or evidence."

He takes a small pause. "Hah, I remember being so scared it would be loud and cause others to find it, but luckily when it was made, it was to be silent. Being old, it still made some sounds. But not enough to cause a disturbance, or questioning for that matter."

"Then you got here, right?" I ask, tilting my head slightly to the left.

"Yeah, got here in a day. I had some stops from here to there, but overall it worked very nicely." Dream looks up at me, beaming. "Then, just a bit after walking around, I found you." I smile back. "Well, you found me but, y'know." We giggle, filling the room of more happiness. "It was very kind of you to invite some random stranger in your house, you didn't even know if I had it or not! I'll never forget that."

I blush at his words, looking off to the side. "Then after that, things just got better and better." My stomach rumbles, Dream chuckles. "The food got better too." He jokingly winks at me, my smile grows wider across my light pink cheeks. "Want to eat?"