34. Sloth in a race

Start from the beginning

At the same moment, two women walk over to us. They glance at me for one moment before their eyes settle on Hazel.

“Poor dear!” the older woman takes Hazel’s hands in her own “You look exhausted! Come along, we’ll get you patched up.”

“Umm, I,” Hazel looks at me, confusion itched on her face

I put my hands on her shoulders and pull her back, protectiveness taken over my head. She’s just recovered from the moon knows what, I’m not letting her go out of my sight.

“Let the lady go with them, Alpha.” Our messenger says “She’s going to be alright, I assure you.”

I narrow my eyes at him, he takes an unsure step back, before I have the chance to say anything a soft hand falls over mine.

“I’ll be fine,” Hazel says with a small smile “I’m a tough girl, Winters.”

I take in consideration our situation. Even if I want to stay with her, I’m not in the power to argue right now. And if this is another break, its neutral territory, they have no reason to bother us.

At least it seems so.

I let out a breath and turn my gaze to the two women in front of us, making sure to put every bit of intensity in my gaze.

“I expect to see her in one hour, perfectly intact.” I say, an unsaid warning in my voice

With that I pull my hands away from her shoulders and step back. Hazel gives me an exasperated glance, the other two women exchange a nervous look.

“Come on,” the younger woman, just a girl really, takes Hazel by the arm “We really don’t have much time.”

۝  Elise ۝

I sigh in pure bliss and sink deeper in the bubble bath.

You know that embarrassing dream of being a princess when you were a little girl? Yeah, I’m totally living the dream.

Another knock sounds on the door, followed by a panicked voice;

“Elise, hurry up! It’s been almost forty minutes since you went in there!” Clary, the girl who got me in this tower, says

I pout but then I decide to get out afterall. I quickly dry myself and put on my clothes, my hair wrapped in a towel.

“Sorry,” I give her an apologetic smile as I come out “Its been so long since I took a bath like that.”

“No time to waste,” she hurriedly pulls me towards the huge four poster bed “Gosh, that brute of your partner is probably planning on how to kill me.”

I laugh at her panicked expression “Luke is just a little protective. He wont do anything like that, trust me.”

“Well, you had your back to him when he was staring at me and Aunt Helda with murderous eyes.” Clary says as she picks up a dress from the bed

They were the Omegas from the Alpha Supreme’s pack and they’d been sent here to take care of the competitors.

When I told her I’m an Omega too, she pretty much blew up in a rainbow from happiness that an Omega is in the leading team of this Hunt.

“I’m sure you’re going to need help in putting this on,” she holds up something that can only be described as a duchess’ ball gown

My fingers skim the soft golden material and I’m amazed at the softness, the intricate designs on the dress and the layers of cloth.

“Yeah, no way in hell am I wearing this.” I say “I’m probably going to trip and crack my head open. And ruin the dress, might I add.”

“Oh nonsense,” Clary waves a hand “You’ll look amazing. Besides, its necessary for the occasion.”