Chapter Seventy Seven

Start from the beginning

"You're quite beautiful for a man, your face is just like Mother's...Aside from the bruising. As for Wang Lei, he looks just like our Father, it really is a pity he had to die like that. Bleeding out on the cold ground trying to save you, yet it was all for naught because look at where you ended up."

At first, Wang Bao thought Wang Xei was talking about their Father but he quickly realised he was referring to Wang Lei and his blood ran from his face. The words were almost impossible to process.

"W-What do you mean dead?! What did you do to Lei?!"

"Shhh. Your voice isn't nice to listen to when you get loud like this. Anyway, I can't chat long since we're leaving soon and I need to give you a little something for the road."

Wang Xei pulled out a syringe with a needle from his suit and shook it a little, Wang Bao didn't want to go back to sleep and wake up without Mr Liu, especially since he felt if he were to leave him today, he would never see him again.

"Where are you taking me?! I want Mr Liu to come with me!"

Wang Xei didn't pay any attention to Wang Bao as he unlocked the door and squatted down again, there wasn't much room for Wang Bao to move with his hands cuffed but his legs were still mobil and he kicked at Wang Xei with every ounce of strength left in his body. Wang Xei could've caught Wang Bao's feet but he didn't think Wang Bao would be that strong, he was surprised though when he felt the sharp pain in his thigh. Wang Bao continued thrashing about until Wang Xei caught his ankle and squeezed it. Wang Bao instantly stopped moving and grimaced from the pain. Wang Xei slowly leaned down to Wang Bao's ear and whispered with an ice cold voice.

"Is that useless old man that important to you?"

The grip around his ankle tightened and Wang Xei watched with satisfaction as Wang Bao's face scrunched with pain. Through clenched teeth Wang Bao spoke back.

"I will put up a fight if you don't bring him with me."

"Is that so?"

As soon as Wang Xei asked the question he let go of Wang Bao and stood up, the cell door was left open as he walked back to Mr Liu's cell, wrenching it open and dragging the old man out with immense force. The sight of Mr Liu caused Wang Bao's eyes to water and he reached as far as he could. Mr Liu was always a smaller man compared to Wang Bao but now he was practically skin and bones with patches of his grey hair missing. Gashes around his body that were still healing littered his skin and it brought pain to Wang Bao as if he wasn't in similar shape. Wang Xei shoved Mr Liu into Wang Bao's cell without any care.

Wang Bao tried his best to shield Mr Liu from his fall but also tried to cover his stomach and bad side in case of impact, Mr Liu's knees hit the cold ground hard and he grunted out in pain while clinging to Wang Bao. Mr Liu grabbed at Wang Bao's shoulders with all the strength he had left in his body as he cried, he couldn't believe he was seeing Wang Bao since he had thought his life would end in the dungeon without ever seeing Wang Bao or his Brother again. Wang Xei watched the touching moment with disgust then shoved Mr Liu off of Wang Bao.

"Things don't come for free in this world. If you want this old man to come, then you need to pay for it, if you can throw a hit at him like you did at me, I'll let him come."

"I-I can't do that, I've never hit Mr Liu."

Wang Xei looked disgusted with the type of relationship between Wang Bao and Mr Liu, without stopping to take a breath he pointed at Mr Liu.

"Fine, beat your master and you can tag along, if you hit him hard enough I might even bring the doctor with us and have your gross scabs dealt with."