Chapter Seventy Seven

Start from the beginning

The door to his cell was swiftly unlocked then shoved open, a single guard stood behind her and once Queen Mother stepped aside, he came into the small cell. Wang Bao was still staring at the stone ground when he saw the guard remove something from his waist. Wang Bao rolled onto his side just in time to keep the guards belt from hitting his stomach. Wang Bao locked his jaw in place to stop from crying out but tears had already filled his eyes. Mr Liu shoved his face against his bars to try and see what was happening but all he could hear was the whipping of a thick belt. His hoarse voice cried out in the damp air.

"Please stop! Leave him, please!"

Queen Mother watched with bright eyes as multiple lashing were cut into Wang Bao's legs and arms, her clear bright voice rang off the walls loudly in order for both the old man and Wang Bao to hear.

"This bastard has cost me multiple troops and precious time! He deserves to be treated like a dog!"

The guard kept raining hit after hit onto Wang Bao's skin until one whole side of his body was covered in welts and bruises along with broken bleeding skin. The guard was breathless after the intense attack and he walked away without giving Wang Bao another look. Queen Mother carried on watching her son whimper on the ground before she stepped inside the cell, peering down at him with pure disgust.

"You're even more pathetic than your Father. I hope that when I find your Brother, he stays alive long enough to see your body be beaten to nothing but mince meat."

Wang Bao couldn't speak, let alone look up at his Mother but it didn't matter since she was walking away once she had spoken. Mr Liu tried calling out to Wang Bao to see if the beating had only sounded bad but the old man's voice was nothing but a muffled hum in Wang Bao's ear. With no want or strength left, Wang Bao fell unconscious on the dirty ground.

. . . . . . . .

Wang Bao didn't know how long it had been since his beating but he heard another set of footsteps walking down the corridor, he was expecting to see one of his Mother's many servants but instead it was a man he had never seen before, a man that looked oddly like himself and his Brother. The closer he got, the more Wang Bao could smell the man had the same scent as his Mother, the scent he had smelt back at the night market. The man wasn't rushing his steps and slowly made his way deeping into the dungeon, he passed the cellar Mr LIu was in then paused.

"So you're still alive old man. Can't you just die already, you're really an eyesore."

Wang Bao shouted with a swollen mouth.

"Don't talk to him like that!"

Wang Bao had never allowed anyone to talk down to Mr Liu and even when he was in this type of situation, he hadn't changed. The stranger slowly turned to where Wang Bao's voice was coming from and began walking over, the look in his eyes was the same cold look that his Mother had and it gave Wang Bao a sick feeling. The closer the man got, the more Wang Bao wanted to run or hide and he felt something was off about this person's aura. The man slowly crouched down so that he was closer to Wang Bao's eye level, although his hair was tied back in a braided ponytail, the length was still surprising and Wang Bao was slowly piecing together everything. His voice was quiet as he looked the man in the eyes.

"How are we related?"

The strange man smirked at Wang Bao coldly then chuckled to himself.

"You're smarter than a lot of people led me to believe. You wouldn't know this but I'm your Brother. Mother's first born, Wang Xiu."

Wang Bao tried to hide his surprise that he had a second Brother but his eyes gave him away and Wang Xei's smirk turned into an amused smile. The smile was much like their Father, only more haunting. Wang Bao couldn't find anything to say with the news but it didn't matter since Wang Xei wanted to continue talking to see more reactions from Wang Bao.