Ch-16: A Confrontation

Previously...

The woman then climbed onto the dressing table and tilted the full-body mirror up, and the woman's reflection was now revealed. But rather than a young girl, the mirror harboured a familiar cackling figure. It was Slattern herself!

"The Sea Witch!" Buckie gasped. He started flapping frantically, then he flew away from the ship at breakneck speeds back to the dock to warn Rose of the bad news.

The sun was soon to set...

~*~*~

Rose was heartbroken. She ran off, crying bitter tears. Scorcher, Amber, and Willow were now running over to possibly help Rose, but when they came, they all saw it was too late. They could already see that the blonde ex-mermaid was already heartbroken.

"Come on, let's go break the news." Willow walked ahead.

"Yeah." Scorcher frowned. Rose was on the pier, crying her eyes out. "Listen, guys, we know what's wrong..." Scorcher spoke up.

Samson and Finn looked up. "Could you come back later?" Samson asked. "The poor kid just got her heart broken!"

"Scorcher, I think she just need sometime alone." Amber said.

Scorcher sighed. "Okay..."

The three friends then left since Rose was in no condition to talk. Scooby sat next to Rose, giving her a shoulder to cry on. Willow took off her shoes and put her feet in the water and relaxed, slowly shutting her eyes. Leo walked up as well, having heard about what has happened, and he sat by Amber's side.

"You okay?" Scorcher asked to her.

"Just thinking about how crazy my life is..." Willow said with one eye open before closing it again.

"Guess so." Amber shrugged.

"Do you know what I don't get?" Scorcher asked.

"How are we still alive after all we've been through?" Amber asked back sarcastically.

"That, and that why do I have this feeling that there's more..." Scorcher muttered. But then, he realised something. "Wait a second... this ISN'T the end. Willow, how many pages are there still left in the book you were reading?" He asked, looking over to her.

"Uhh..." Willow looked at the last chapter she read. "About fifteen or so, why?" She asked.

"It's the answer! The book can be able to help us!" Scorcher told her with a smile.

"You creep me out sometimes..." Amber commented as the three now skimmed through the pages.

"So, what now?" Leo asked, as Willow handed her book to Scorcher.

"Let's flip ahead to where we are now." Scorcher said.

"The last chapter I read was Ariel and Eric's tour of the kingdom." Willow replied, just as she and Amber leaned over to help guide him through the book.

Scorcher began to flip right through the pages until he finally got to where they were. Amber then cupped some of the water in her hands and splashed her face, feeling rather hot from the afternoon sun. Leo then looked towards the horizon, and he eyed the boat over yonder.

"ROSE! SAMSON! GUYS!" Looking up, everyone saw a frantic Buckie descending down in front of them. "INCOMING!" Amber turned her head, yelped, and ducked as the seagull zoomed like a biplane.

"Whoa, Buckie, what's the rush?" Leo asked.

"I have to find Rose. I just found out something very important!" Buckie panicked. The four of them now began to lead Scuttle over to Rose.