Ch-14: Kiss That Girl

Soon, it was evening when Rose and Braedey stopped by a river. The crazy carriage ride across the forest had left them weary and hungry, so they decided to have an evening picnic before heading back to the hotel, using the food they bought at the shops. After they were done eating, Braedey now noticed a dock downstream with a couple of rowboats. Braedey decided it was the right time to let Rose enjoy a nice trip across the river. Rose's only comply was a blush and a smile.

As they rowed their boat through the river, they passed a giant tree. Not too far away from the tree, Buckie and Finn bobbed in the water, watching Rose and Braedey. Scorcher, Leo, and Amber were also there, using the bushes and such as camouflage.

"So what's happening now?" Finn asked.

"Same as before... absolutely nothing." Amber replied to the fish.

"Buckie sighed in frustration. "This is getting frustrating. Only one day left, and those two haven't puckered up once! How is she-"

"Psst! You guys here?" A voice whispered. It came from Samson, who was standing on the side of the rowboat. "It's me, Samson."

"The little crab that Willow told me about..." Amber then realised.

Buckie cheered. "Hey, Samson. Nice of you to join us. How were things?" He asked.

Samson shook his head. "Nothing, really. I've been inside Rose's pocket for a long time, and there's still been no kissing yet."

"Hey, no biggie. They've just had a rough getaway." Buckie shrugged, then came up with an idea. "Leave this one to me! If all else fails, the Love Doctor's here to brighten the atmosphere. This calls for a little romantic stimulation." Standing on a tree branch, he cleared his throat and was about to begin, only for Scorcher to then pounce on him, and snap his beak shut.

"Oh, no you don't, you squawker." Scorcher stated back. "This is a romantic moment, not a dying animal moment. We meet to set the mood right." He hissed to the Eagle.

Samson sighed in relief when he saw this. "I'm surrounded by amateurs!" He muttered under his breath.

"Please tell me you have a better idea." Amber whispered to the crab.

"Please, please tell us that you have a better idea." Scorcher begged.

"Of course I do. Don't you remember that I'm a musical composer?" Samson rhetorically asked.

"A crab is a composer?" Leo asked in bewilderment.

Diving into the sea, Samson grabbed a piece of sea leaves. "If you want something done right, you've got to do it yourself." He gathered a group of animals, "First, we've got to create... the mood." The animals all smiled, all eager to help. "Percussion?" Samson used the sea leaf as a baton. A few baby turtles settled themselves, allowing some ducks to drum on their shells. "Strings?" A group of crickets curled the ends of their legs, creating sounds like violins. "Winds?" On cue, the winds blew on the broken bamboo leaves, all of which were creating majestic sounds.

"Words." Leaning closer to Braedey's ear on a flower, Samson began to sing.

'There you see her
Sitting there across the way
She don't got a lot to say
But there's something about her'

Braedey was now suddenly surprised by the sound of music and such around both him and Rose. Why would someone come out here just to sing for them?

'And you don't know why
But you're dyin' to try
You wanna kiss the girl'

"Did you hear something?" Braedey asked to Rose, hoping it wasn't just his imagination. Rose also noticed Samson's singing, but she simply looked over her shoulder and she shook her head with a smile. Samson continued his song, with the animals joining in. Scorcher and the others all bobbed their heads to the music, all the while watching and waiting for the right moment.