Ch-6: Treasures & An Eagle

The next morning, Braedey got up just before the rising dawn, and before Willow and the others were awake. He met up with Scorcher and Amber, the three of them also meeting with Scooby, and all four made their way out of the hotel without the rest of the gang and Willow even knowing. The plan for them is to get to the docks, and Braedey will go ahead to see if he can find that blonde mermaid again.

Scorcher and Amber both haven't told Braedey that Willow found out about the photograph, and knows about his dreams and such, since they guess he'll think they betrayed him by telling someone else. So, they kept dead silent about it until they think the right time to say so.

"Are you sure we should do this without the others knowing?" Amber asked to Braedey, all four of them now walking the streets down to the docks. "I mean, going behind Daphne's back is one thing, but for Willow..."

"I want to get out there and see more." Braedey said back to Amber. "Willow has been like an anchor, since she's been restricting me from the water. I mean, yes, I don't know how to swim in some ways, but I can learn how to, can't I?"

"True, but still..." Scorcher shrugged innocently.

"Come on. Let's go." Amber said.

Once they arrived at the dock, Scooby and Scorcher both got Braedey a scuba suit with a helmet to go with it. The suit was red, but Braedey didn't mind about the colour. Once he got it on, Amber checked in all systems to make sure everything was working. Once all checks were complete, Braedey was ready to go, as he jumped into the water and turned to the others.

"Aright

"Aright. I'm good to go." Braedey nodded to them.

"You've got enough oxygen in those tanks to last about two hours." Scorcher informed. "That's the limit you've got. Once your two hours are up, you have to be on the surface at once. Not a second later."

"Okay. I'll see you in two hours' time." Braedey replied, and he sunk below the waves, a trail of bubbles leading away to show Braedey swimming away.

"Roh, boy..." Scooby mumbled to himself in concern. He wanted to jump down to help out, but he couldn't.

"Don't you worry, Scooby. Braedey now knows the limit of his oxygen, so he'll be more careful this time." Amber reassured to him, gently patting Scooby's head.

"Let's walk around and keep an eye out." Scorcher suggested to them, now walking along the pier to get back on the beach.

~*~*~

Braedey, meanwhile, he was now doing his best at swimming at a gentle pace, all the while looking around to try and maybe run into Rose again. There was just something about her that seemed to stirred something up inside of him, but he wasn't sure of what it was.

Braedey now swam by some coral reefs, entering in what could be deeper water. As he does so, he got the feeling that he's being watched or so. He looked left and right, but he could not see anything around him. On the other hand, he could hear some voices nearby. Curious, he swam his way towards the voices, just as he felt something tap on his shoulder. Braedey froze and he spun around, and to his surprise and relief, there was Rose swimming nearby, and right alongside her was a familiar tropical fish.