"What happened?" she asks, looking back at me.

"It looks like the dreaded world of social media has captured another few good souls," I say, pressing my hand to my heart adding to the overdramatization of the whole scenario.

"Oh no! How do we get them out?" she asks, looking back at the two zombies on the chairs.

I smile at what I have in store before reaching for her hand and pulling her toward the hose. Beside the spigot is a large bucket. As we get closer, her eyes light up. I can't help the smile that stretches further across my face as I crouch beside the container of water balloons. I grab one in my hand, tossing it up and catching it again.

"I say, we shock them back into our world," I grin, grabbing another balloon and handing it to her.

She nods her head quickly, joining me in my devious smile. Maybe I'm being a bit of a bad influence at the moment, but come on. A chance to pelt my brother with water balloons, with the added joy it's going to bring to Mia's face, how could I not take full advantage of this opportunity?

I reach for a small handful, filling my shirt with plenty of ammunition while Mia does the same. We both stand to our feet, balancing the load we've taken on before taking a few cautious steps toward the end of the wall. "Are you ready?" I whisper.

She slowly nods her head, fighting a laugh that is clearly on the edges of escaping. I can't help but fight my own at seeing her wicked enjoyment. Yep, I'm a bad influence. But what the hell, every mom has a slightly sinful, completely innocently playful side, right?

"On the count of three," I whisper, ignoring the good angel on my shoulder telling me to back down. "One...two...three!"

We both jump out from behind the wall and begin running toward the unsuspecting victims. I throw the first one at Trevor before he has a chance to acknowledge the ambush. It crashes perfectly across his chest causing him to jump up. His first reaction is shock, followed by a very brief flash of anger. One look at Mia's charming smile and he quickly laughs before flinging himself in front of Lacy just in time to catch another water balloon, this one from Mia. Another direct hit. That's my girl.

"Lacy, we need some ammo!" I hear Trevor shout as I hit him with another.

Lacy stands from her seat, bolting for the small blow up pool. I manage to get her in the arm before she grabs a bucket, scooping up water. Mia makes a run for it, zigzagging across the lawn.

"It's you or her, Amber," Lacy shouts with the bucket ready for launch.

Smooth, Lacy. She knows I wouldn't sacrifice my daughter, leaving me fully exposed to the bucket. Just as I am about to attempt to outsmart her, a cold waterfall cascades down my back. I let out a scream, turning to see Trevor with a now empty container. Lacy was a diversion. Nicely played. Little do they know, I've got a fail safe.

Right on cue, I dive to the right just as a fountain of water streams over both Trevor and Lacy. They both yell out, running for cover as I make my way to Mia who has already restocked her supply.

"Mom," Trevor shouts, grabbing Lacy's hand and ducking behind the chairs. "You're not supposed to take sides!"

"Sorry, Son. Amber recruited me as backup. She made a solid case too. One that involved a very beautiful grandchild."

"Not fair, Amber!" he hollers from behind the chair.

"All's fair in a sibling war," I smirk back.

"Yeah, I'll remember that. This isn't over, sis."

This is why I came home. The sound of Mia's laugh, the moments of joy with family, and the smile that's found its way back into my life.