Chapter Twenty Two

You looked at the shop ahead of you. It was where you had bought the Halloween costume from that you wore at the party with Bucky. That was so long ago. When your dad kicked you out the party for kissing Bucky, and now here you were. An engagement, a child, a new avengers facility, losing Bucky, getting him back, him regaining his memories and travelling round the world later and now you were back together again. 

Bucky walked inside, “Come on,” he smiled. 

He was definitely up to something.

You followed Bucky to the back of the store, noticing the dresses fit for Spring. Before you could even pick out something you liked Bucky had grabbed your hand and pulled you along. He stopped outside the dressing room. You smiled. 

“Wow,” said Bucky softly, staring at you.

It felt like a lifetime ago that you had first met Bucky. He smiled at you softly. “I um..there’s this word, in Japanese,” said Bucky, “Koi no yokan,” he looked at the door. The memory of you in that white dress, looking like an angel. That was all he could think about. “It doesn’t mean love at first sight, closer to love at second sight, It’s the feeling when you meet someone that you’re going to fall in love with them,” 

You looked deep into Bucky’s eyes. They held almost a century's worth of memories. But they still sparkled blue like Steve used to tell you about. “I fell in love with you so easily Y/N, and I will never forget that moment,” said Bucky, he was smiling but tears were running down his cheeks “And, God, we’ve been to hell and back,” you let a smile creep onto your face, “This, this is it, just you, me and our kid,” 

Bucky dropped down to one knee, sliding a y/f/c velvet box out of his jacket pocket. When he opened the box inside was a ring. It was a diamond band that sparkled from the lights. And your birthstone, sat in the middle of the ring. It was gorgeous. The most beautiful ring you’d ever received. “Y/n Stark,” said Bucky, “Will you marry me?” 

“Yes,” you said, as Bucky slid the ring onto your finger. “I thought it was weird you brought me here,” you said into his shoulder as he pulled you into a hug. 

Bucky held you close to him, “You’re gonna be Mrs Barnes,” 

--------------------

When you got back to the compound, you saw Peter, George and Sam playing with a ball on the grass out the front. Wanda and Nat came down to greet you. You showed them the ring, “Oh my God it’s gorgeous,” said Wanda, you laughed. Out of the corner of your eye, you could see Bucky run over to see George. And he picked him up and hugged him in his arms. 

“You know how you kept telling Tony to ask Pepper out,” said Nat, as you turned back to look at them, “He did, they’ve been dating for two weeks,” you smiled. Your dad had finally found someone to be happy with. 

Bucky came over, wrapping his arm around your shoulders. “I’m gonna go find Steve,” he said, “love you,” he jogged towards the compound entrance. You watched Bucky, before going to find George. Sam and Peter nodded to you, saying hi, as George kicked them the ball. 

“Hey Georgie,” you said, he turned to look at you. A smile was plastered on his face, as he ran into your arms. “I missed you,” you said, as he held onto your arms. 

You smiled, “love you,” said George, your heart melted. You’d missed him so much. It had only been a few weeks, but it didn’t matter. But you were back now. And like Bucky had said, it was just you, him and George. You were a family. You would be together no matter what. “Missed you,” 

“Love you too,” you said, you showed him the ring, “Me and Bucky are getting married,” 

George nodded, but then went to play with the ball again. You chuckled to yourself before heading inside. Running into Pepper on your way inside, “Oh hey, I heard Tony finally asked you out,” she laughed, shaking her head and looking down, “I’m really happy for you both,” 

“Thanks,” she said, “And Bucky just told everyone upstairs the proposal story, I was almost in tears myself,” you laughed, “It’s a gorgeous ring,” 

You looked at the ring on your finger, “It really is,” you said.

And now you were finally marrying Bucky Barnes. It would be the best day of your life. You excused yourself, to go and find Nat and Wanda to start making plans. Usually people waited a year or more for their wedding, but you didn’t need to. You didn't want to wait a year to become Y/n Barnes. You could walk into the courthouse tomorrow and be married for all you cared. 

It didn’t matter when and where you married Bucky. Of course you would have a ceremony, you just didn’t need a big fancy one. All that mattered was that you married Bucky surrounded by your friends and family. “Hey Y/n you should wear a ballgown,” said Wanda, showing you a brides magazine. 

“How did you get that so quickly,” you said, laughing. 

“Because, we were prepared for this day since you kissed Bucky in the kitchen,” said Nat, you raised your eyebrows, “He proposed to you before Y/n, and it was only a matter of time, you guys are practically inseparable,” you laughed, “We’ll sort things into respective categories,” 

You nodded, “I’ll leave you guys to that,” you walked over to Bucky, who was busy in the kitchen, “What you doing?” you asked, placing your chin on his shoulder so you could see what he was doing. 

“I’m making caramel cake,” said Bucky, “My mom taught me how to make it back in the thirties, I want you to try it,”

You had to stop smiling, “That’s the most adorable thing ever,” you said, “You’re so cute? Why?” he turned around and hugged you by the waist, kissing you lightly. You smiled. “We should have this cake for our wedding,” you said, “It would be cute, I’ll get Wanda to perfect the recipe, unless you want to make it,” 

Bucky smiled, “Whatever you want Doll,”

YOU WERE MARRYING BUCKY BARNES 

Authors Note ❤️: hehe this was cute :)

also the billionaires daughter has over 450k reads and im- thank you guys ♡︎♡︎♡︎