Chapter Twenty; Masaru Bakugo

Start from the beginning

The doctor walked up as two other firefighters walked up, "This hospital wasn't meant for that."

"Then that's a violation code."

"It is not. This hospital is purely for physical injuries, not quirk studies! What else has been trashed?"

"Not much, sir. So far, everything seems to be in check, but uh- those kids definitely are scared shitless."

"Valid," said another firefighter, "Kid woke up not being able to breathe, not knowing where he was. Red watching his best friend almost die, they're so scared they still haven't moved."

The nurses and captain nodded, Masaru looking down at the floor. The firefighter cleared his throat, "So, um, is anyone going to check up on them or should we go back in?" Dragging out the last word.

"Oh! Yes, right away!" The nurse who caught Katsuki rushed in. Masaru followed after thanking the three firefighters who smiled and nodded.

She ran in and bent down to her knees and put a hand on Kirishima's shoulder. "Can you put him on the bed for me?" Kirishima nodded whispered in Bakugo's eyes, who only tightened his hold on the redhead once again. The nurse stood and so did Kirishima, carrying the blond in his arms. He rested him on the bed and sat down by him, arms still wrapped around each other.

"Okay, um, Katsuki?" No response, she looked at Eijiro for help. He complied by burying his own head in Bakugo's hair, whispering and repeating what the nurse had said.

"Go on," Kirishima says.

"Al-Alright, um, we need to take a brain scan if you are up for it and so I'm here to ask if you'd like to take the bed or wheelchair?"

After some silence, Kirishima spoke up, "He wants to walk." The nurse smiled.

"I'm sorry, he can't walk especially with potentially major brain injuries." Kirishima didn't say anything.

"Please?"

The nurse smiled again, "I'll see what I can do." She walked out of the room, Masaru replacing her spot by the bed.

"Doctor, the patient would like to walk."

"Patient?"

"Yes, Katsuki Bakugo. The kid in this here room, out for two day-"

"Yes, I know I just don't think it's the right choice for him to be in this facility considering his quirk and all-"

"But sir," the male nurse stepped up and stood next to the female nurse in front of the doctor, "He is just a kid, he needs help! What if he has a serious brain injury? If we don't get him help and refuse to give him that help they could sue!"

The doctor glared at him, scoffing and shoving past them in the room, "Kid, get up."

The nurse by Kirishima gave him a disgusted look, and Masaru tightened his hands into fists. Kirishima slowly loosened his grip and so did Bakugo, until they weren't hugging anymore. Bakugo still had his hands on Kirishima's shoulder and Kirishima had his arms on Bakugo's sides. Kirishima stood and helped Bakugo on his feet.

"Kid," the male nurse said, "don't push it, we will get you a wheelchair, okay?" Bakugo had his head down and slid his hands down to Kirishima's right arm, wrapping his arm around it. The two nurses in the room gave each other a look, Masaru watched his son with worry and the doctor had an unamused look on his face.

Kirishima dropped his right hand from Bakugo's waist and placed his left hand on Bakugo's hand that was wrapped around his right arm. "We are going to go down the hall and to the elevator, okay?" The female nurse said softly, smiling. Kirishima nodded and led Bakugo out the room, following the female nurse.