❁ Chapter 59 | harry

Start from the beginning

"What's our plot twist?" She grins, knowing where this is going. I smile back, holding the urge to laugh before I respond.

"Lenny." I say making her cackle out loud.

"A good twist though." She assures me.

"The best." I agree with a grin. Nina smiles, cupping my face and reaching down to kiss my lips. I place several pecks on her bottom lip and turn my face back to the television when she sits back up. "Speaking of book stuff..." Nina trails off. "I haven't seen you write lately. You working on anything?"

My stomach drops and I immediately get nervous at her question. Does she know I've been writing about her? I've been trying my best to hide it and if she knows about the book I'm screwed.

"No," I shake my head with a slight laugh. "Ideas are still flowing. So, if you have any pitches for a story, you should let me know."

I look up at her and she takes the last sip of her leftover wine in the glass. "Sounds like a plan. Let's make one right now."

I laugh at her sudden outburst of energy, sitting up from her lap and turning towards her. "A story?"

"Yep! I start a sentence and you continue the next one and so on. It's a fun game I used to play with Rosie when she wasn't a bitch sometimes."

"Okay," I agree, clearing my throat. "You start."

Nina nods, deep in thought before her eyes open wide and she lets out a small gasp. "It all started one dark night.."

"Is this a horror story?" I ask. "Because I've tried writing those and they never end well for me."

"Shh, just go with it." Nina hushes me. "It turns into whatever we end up with. That's the fun part."

"Okay." I laugh. "A woman, alone at home hears a soft knock on her wooden door."

"The sudden sound startles her." Nina shrugs after a few seconds. "Sorry, I thought I'd be better at this. I'm a journalist not a creative writer but you knew that."

I smile at her, shaking my head slightly. I love her so much.

"She approaches the door and what's behind it, shocks her completely."

"She steps closer...and closer to it until her hand lands on the doorknob, twisting it." She continues.

"And there he was, face behind a bouquet of flowers." I say cheekily.

"Ah, nice switch." She compliments, her eyes grazing over my face. "He was charming, green eyes, nice jawline, pretty face."

"Hm, sounds a lot like you're describing me..." I tell her.

"Shh, I'm not. It's your turn."

"Mmkay." I hum. "He moves the flowers away, leaning down to kiss her soft lips before he enters the house."

"Okay wait, is this turning into an erotica?" Nina questions, making me throw my head back in laughter. "Are we role-playing? Because this isn't the turn I'd thought it'd take but alright."

"No," I laugh. "Unless you want us to."

Nina laughs in return, cupping my face, to place a kiss onto my cheek. "I can't believe we're in Paris right now watching Disney movies." She says.

She doesn't seem disappointed, she has an excited glint in her eyes as she says this. Much like Lenny does when I offer her a pink cupcake.

"Would you rather be doing something more romantic?" I feel extreme guilt wash over me. "I'm really sorry the reservation was cancelled tonight. I should've been paying more attention when I was making it."