Reminders of the Past

Start from the beginning

"Is everyone ready to order?" A waitress came up with a pad and a pen. I was thankful for the interruption. We all nodded. "Okay, I'll start you off with drinks." She smiled that 'I've been here since ten in the morning' smile. All of us ordered, then she gave us menus for our food. I scanned everything, started to feel a big overwhelmed. Nothing on there looked safe.

"Ashley..." I looked at him. He took one look of my face and knew what I was going to say.

"There's fish, see." He pointed to a section. I read through it all.

"But it's mixed together with stuff..."

"I know, but-"

"Ashley!"

"Okay." He sighed and looked through more of his menu. After a minute or two of browsing, he pointed again. "There's a kid menu with normal food. See?" I looked at where he was talking about. It all seemed more my style; hamburgers, chicken strips, mac and cheese. I relaxed a bit.

"Okay. That sounds nice. I think I want chicken strips." I said, and Jeff let out a laugh.

"Of course."

"And what just do you mean by that?" If I would have been standing up, I would have had my hands on my hips.

"I mean you act like a kid. You were going to eat off the kid menu." I knew it was suppose to be a joke, but it kid of hurt. I bit the inside of my cheek and stuck my hand in my purse. Inside, I felt my wand and griped onto it. Ashley sense my anger and stuck his hand in as well and grabbed onto it and squeezed.

"Stop it, Jeff." He put in, giving me another squeeze. Spencer let out the most obnoxious laugh I had ever heard in my life.

"Yeah, Jeffie! Stop! You're being mean to little Sar-wa." She said my name in baby talk. I squeezed Ashley's hand back, hard. He winced a moment. Finally, the waitress came back.

"Are we all ready?" Her smile was still there.

"Yeah." Jeff handed her his menu. He ordered some weird, Chinese dish. All of them did. When she looked at me a looked down and blushed a little bit.

"Uh... the chicken strips?" 

................................... 

Five minutes into the movie I started to freak out. Everything was dark and creepy. To add to it, we didn't have a rude person in the audience. Usually, this would be a good thing, but this time it wasn't. There politeness meant that he theatre was silent except for the film. I turned to Ashley.

"I don't think I want to see this." I said. He chuckled that kissed my cheek.

"It'll be fine." He wrapped an arm around me. I leaned into him. "I promise. It's just a movie."

As the plot went on I got closer and closer to him. Any time anything moved on the screen, I would scream. What made everything worse was what the movie was actually about. The main character put his soul into an object so he wouldn't die; A horcrux.

Everyone in the wizarding world knew the term. It was what a wizard named, well... Let's call him You-Know-Who used to stay alive. He had seven. This whole thing brought back bloody images of the battle I was in that he caused. So many people dead. So many lost. And the first time You-Know-Who died, he was suppose to be dead. Whose to say he died this second time.

Near the end the main character was in a dark room. Suddenly, an object moved across the screen. My mind heavy with the You-Know-Who thoughts, I jumped and let out a loud shriek. Spencer looked over at me, annoyed. I was basically in Ashley's lap, gripping onto him. My face was pushed into the top of his shoulder.

"I want to leave." I said with tears in my eyes. "I want to go now." He looked at me with concerned eyes.

"Okay." He looked over at Jeff. "Hey, Sarah Beth and I are going to the car. She's a bit..." He looked at the back of my head that was right next to his chin. "scared. WE'll meet you there." Jeff, who was making out and had been the whole time, gave him a thumbs up.

Ashley and I excited the theatre and got into Jeff's car. From the restaurant we all got into his car and went together. Ashley sat next to me in the back seat, so I laid down and put my head in his lap, taking deep breaths. Was this how Ellie felt every day?

"What's bothering you?" Ashley asked, running a hand through my hair. I shook my head no.

"Nothing..." I lied. "Its nothing..." We stayed like this for maybe and hour until Jeff and Spencer came back to the car.

"Must have been a long movie." Ashley tried to make conversation as Jeff pulled onto the road. "Nah. It ended fifteen minutes after you left."

"What where you..." Ashley trailed off. "Never mind. I don't want to know."

"Hey, Sarah Beth!" Jeff looked at me by turning his head and looking away from the road. The car swerved a bit. "On the bright side, you almost made it through this one!"