Chapter 7: Reunion

Chapter 7: Reunion

I never thought I would fall in love. Growing up, I thought I wasn't deserving of love. I didn't deserve to love or receive love in return. After all the bloodshed and unforgiving things I did, I didn't think I was capable of loving.

Not until it was 1 in the morning in Spain and I was staring at the most beautiful girl I have ever seen in my entire existence.

There she lay beside me, sleeping peacefully. Turning towards her, I pull the sheets higher to cover her beautiful body from the cold. One shot led to many more and we found ourselves getting into bed together to share a night of passion. She was such a wild one earlier. It was such a turn on. Now she's sleeping and I'm up, wanting her to stay in my life forever.

When I woke up that morning, she was gone. I felt alone with her gone. I was hoping we could be more than just that night, a one night stand. I only ever knew her name. I hoped to see her again one day. Months later, I saw her again...

I just never expected her to be my best friend's sister.

Oh, Ro.

Or should I say...Calista Rose Dragonov.

I pull myself out of my thoughts when Mike puts the car on park when we arrive at our destination. Calista, my first love, is gone. I can't bring her back from the dead. I should move on from the past. I can't keep living in the past. Putting my phone into jacket inner pocket, I step out of the car before entering the Rodrigo's casino. Mike and 2 of my men follow after me, on guard in case anyone tries to do anything stupid to us. My cousin, Jay, stood in the lobby while waiting for me. He gives me a small smile, "You're here."

"I wish I wasn't," I groan as he walks by my side, leading me to our VIP room.

"We have to do this if we are to avenge your family," Jay reminds me. "We need justice for their deaths."

"And they will," I stated.

He stops at a door, heavily guarded with men outside. They open the door and we enter, seeing how empty it was. It was quiet and empty except for the man sitting comfortably on the couch, having himself some Jack Daniels.

"Ah, Scorpius," Daniel Rodrigo said when he saw me, a big smile on his face. "I didn't think you were going to show up. Mike relayed your message to me."

I don't bother smiling as I make myself comfortable on the couch across him. Jay shakes his hand and sits down as well. Daniel Rodrigo is a mafia boss as well. He is not someone I like to associate myself with. His gang are more brutal, more aggressive and heartless. They have done far worse than what my gang has done. What we have in common is the need to kill Aiden Dragonov.

He has his own reasons and so do I.

"You know I don't like it when you disrespect me," Daniel uttered, looking at me with disappointment in his eyes.

"I didn't know you're that sensitive," I shrug nonchalantly, pouring myself something to drink.

He chuckles, "I would watch what I say if I were you."

I was about to say shit, but Jay gives me a look. Jay is 2 years older than I am. He was silently telling me to relax and not screw things up. Sighing deeply, I decide to stay quiet instead. Once my revenge is done, I'm leaving this son of a bitch.

Daniel smirks, "Without me, you won't survive against Aiden and his gang. You only have Jay to have your back."

Smirking, I look him in the eyes, saying, "With or without you, none of us can win against him. No one has ever beaten a Dragonov."