Chapter 4: Bookstore Boy?

Walking out of class, I groan tiredly once again. I'm so tired of school, but then, I'm graduating soon. I just have to endure a little bit longer. I probably look dead right now as I walk out of campus. I walk pass the parking lot, waving bye at Miss Andy who was grabbing things from the trunk of her car. She gives me a smile before rushing off to her next class of the day.

"Lily!"

I turn around to see Camilla running up to me. Camilla happens to be my mother's ex-husband's daughter and my sister's best friend. It is a long story, but we're not close. She's currently taking up business here. She doesn't know that I am Calista's best friend. My existence is kept secret from so many people, but I know who she is because my sister told me about her. We're only friends because I'm watching over her for my sister.

"Hey," I smile at her as she falls into steps with me. "What's up?"

"Nothing, want to grab some coffee with me? My treat!" She asked kindly, making me nod at her.

***

We found ourselves engaged in a conversation at a nearby cafe. I sip my latte while she stirs her coffee, complaining about having so many requirements. I have so much to study for as well.

"You know you look familiar," She said suddenly, making me look at her.

"Oh really?" I ask.

"Yea, you remind me of someone," She smiles.

My sister? My mother? I thought to myself.

"Who?" I ask her curiously.

"Someone who's dead to me," She answered with a nonchalant shrug. I just nod at her, looking at her. She seems to be living well. It's all with the help of my mother. Without my mother, she wouldn't be living like this. Even though her parents did my mother wrong, my mom still had a good heart and helped Camilla. She made sure their child had food, a roof over her head, and even helped her get into a prestigious university.

She's even lucky to be around my own mom. Something I don't get to do, because everyone thinks I'm dead, but I'm alive living as Lily Vincent.

"What are you doing this Saturday?" She asked, flipping her hair back.

I shrug, "Probably going to be studying."

She rolls her eyes, leaning forward, "My friends and I are going out to a resort. Would you like to come? You have to come with us."

"I'll think about it," I tell her quietly, looking at the time on my phone.

"Don't think," she says, "Just come. It will be fun. You can even bring your friends if you want."

I just nod at her, thinking about it. She looks behind me when the cafe door opens. Her eyes lit up with happiness when someone approaches us from my back. A guy walks over to our table and she couldn't stop looking at him with love in her eyes.

"You're here," She smiled at him, looking at the guy. There was another guy accompanying him too. I take a sip of my latte while they exchange some words and he sits down beside her. I look up and nearly spit out my drink when I realized who it was.

He glances at me and his eyes widen as well. Pointing at me, he sneers at me, "Psycho girl!"

I give him a weird look, "I have a name."

"I don't fucking care," He glares at me, standing up to drag his chair away from Camilla to sit near me. His brown haired friend goes to sit down beside her while his annoying rude friend sits near me.