Crook 2: Starts With A 'B' Ends With A 'Y'

Start from the beginning

"We will continue this conversation later, Junsoon. I have to speak with my son."

"Yes sir."

With a simple nod, the lapdog that had been seated next to Taehyung stood to his feet. Giving a respectful nod to Taehyung before walking out of the back room, he left behind a noticeably displeased father with his painfully nonchalant son. A storm was coming.

"What's your itch? Why are you so upset?" Taehyung asked. Usually, he took a more respectful approach when it came to his father. But obviously the man was upset, and Taehyung had to build a barrier over his emotions before the man began to attack.

"Why am I so upset?" Tightening his jaw as he placed the cigarette in the smudged ashtray. Taehyung nodded, watching as the ass shattered into lone, dusty little pieces.

Taehyeoung Kim was a brilliant yet brutal man. Age 57, Standing at the intimidating height of 6'4 with legs as long as a Monday, eyes as sharp as a feline. He had greased up black hair and large, cold hands. A sharp jawline with spiky white teeth. Thin pink lips and a slim dimple on his left cheek. He dressed to match his persona. Black dress suits and smooth snake skin dress shoes. Shiny rolex watches and crisp, folded handkerchiefs. He was an insidiously modest man, that was the best way Taehyung could describe him. Mysteriously, murderously well kempt.

Taehyung watches as his senior takes out a rolled up stack of printed press. Slapping it down on the table. Taehyung looked down at the table, pretending to be shocked as he widened his eyes and pulled the paper closer and read the headline.

"MISSING BOY NOW FOUND! 17 YEAR OLD DANIEL CHARLESTON'S BODY FOUND BEHIND FAMOUS TEEN HOTSPOT IN DOWNTOWN CHICAGO."

"Look, I can explain." Taehyung said. His father is shaking his head the second 'Look' leaves his lips. Standing up to his feet as he traced his trimmed mustache with the tip of his index finger.

"Don't say anything." He says. "I know this was your doing, Taehyung. I didn't take your back to Daegu just so you could come back home and make dumb decisions like these. I put you in charge because I trust you. Do not make me regret that."

Taehyung nodded. He felt shameful. Although his father could be a chronic pain in the ass, he was still someone whom Taehyung respected. A parent. A guardian. He taught Taehyung everything he knew. It was sensible to hold him in such high praise. It hurt when he was disappointed in him.

As much as Taehyung believed that, he knew that there were some skeletons in his closet that couldn't be revealed to his father. Sins laying over his shoulder, kept hidden away. Taehyung wasn't the best person, nowhere near a sinner. Taehyeoung Knew that there were many flaws to his son. But what he didn't know was saving him.

"You just got out of prison. Not even five months ago. I was able to pull you out from hell once, but if you meet satan again before it's your time..." the man shook his head, chuckling.

"I told them to get rid of him because we gave him too many changes. You taught me to not give more than a single chance." Taehyung said.

"That's true. But you have to be careful, Taehyung."

"Yes sir." Taehyung cleared his throat, pushing the newspaper back up on the desk. He knew that this wasn't the only reason as to why he had been called up to this shithole of a meeting spot. Taehyung anticipated his fathers next words, and waited impatiently for him to say them.