talk = shout

Mikey and Gerard both got ready for tonight's concert together, Gerard did Mikey's eyeliner and they worked together to tell their mom over the phone that they’d be safe and no alcohol and all that.

“Hi!” Gerard said when he saw Frank at the venue, who sternly just said, “We should talk.”

Gerard curiously followed him to an emptier part of the room where you wait outside the venue.

“Were you not gonna tell me?” He asked, he looked hurt, not mad, just hurt.

“Tell you what?” Gerard asked. 

Frank didn’t say anything, he just handed Gerard the folded piece of paper. And Gerard didn’t have to look inside, he knew exactly what Frank meant.

“Frankie, I can-” 

“You dated me, FOR A MONTH! Just to piss your mom off?” Frank asked, he didn’t look mad, just hurt. And Gerard just wished he was mad. A punch to the face would have been so much better than seeing Frank’s broken expression.

“That’s not-” Gerard attempted again.

“I LOVED YOU!” Frank shouted at him, “Gerard Arthur Way I was so in love with you, and you- you USED me!” His voice cracked, so filled with emotion. “You-” Frank looked like he was about to punch Gerard, and he kind of wished he just did, “You are so heartless.” He said instead, which was so much worse.

“I didn’t!” Gerard tried again, “YES YOU DID!” Frank shouted at him, “You had your little list with all the things you used me for just to prove yourself to YOUR mom!”

“We went on dates, I took you to so many concerts! You said your mom actually LIKED me, I thought YOU actually liked me!” His voice was so raw, so torn and beaten and that almost hurt more than his words.

Frank was actually crying by now, so was Gerard.

“I- that was what was supposed to happen, but I fell in love with you after like a day!” Gerard tried, Frank looked like he had been slapped. Staring up at him with blood shot eyes.

“Gerard Way, I hope I NEVER see you in my life again.” He told him, then walked off. Disappearing through the doors of the venue.

Gerard didn’t know what to do, he didn’t know if he was supposed to run after Frank or just deal with what happened.

So he walked back to the others, and told them that Frank wasn’t feeling well.

And then they went and saw the concert, like nothing happened at all.

“Hey Gee! Frank hasn’t been answering my calls lately. Is he with you?” Pete asked through the phone. It felt like a sting through his chest.

“I think he’s just busy,” Gerard lied “I’ll tell him to call ya.”

“You’re the best, see ya.” Pete said, hanging up.

“Hey, Gerard.” Mikey said from the door frame.

“Mhm?” Gerard hummed in response.

“Uh, Frank’s dad called.” Mikey said, holding his phone and looking down on it with a stern look.

“Okay?” Gerard said, sitting up slightly more.

“What happened?” Mikey asked, looking right into Gerard’s eyes.

“Huh?” Gerard asked, “When he came home from the show yesterday he started destroying things, he said that he had ripped up that drawing you made him,” He paused, staring into Gerard’s soul, “so what happened?”

Gerard wasn’t sure why, but he just vented out everything. He told mikey about absolutely everything, from his plan, to how he actually fell in love with Frank, to the fact that the first time Frank ever said ‘I love you’ he was shouting and crying, to how Frank found out about his plan.

Mikey looked stunned.

“I’m gonna call Pete.” He said, then left.

Gerard didn’t know what ‘I’m gonna call Pete’ meant, he’d only known him for a month.

Everything was cold, Frank’s whole body was aching.

He couldn’t deal with his dad’s constant attempts at socialising, so here he was, looking at ‘Jersey’s best sunset’. Crying his eyes out over a boy that used him.

He took a sip of the cold but still burning liquid. He knew he shouldn’t drink, especially because he would have to drive home soon. But he didn’t care, it didn’t matter.

Nothing mattered, especially not when the liquid started making his vision blurry, all the bad feelings floating away. He was okay now, everything was okay.

His phone rang, and it wasn’t his dad this time. It was Pete.

“Hi?” Frank slurred slightly into the phone.

“Are you drunk?” Pete asked, “Not yet.” Frank giggled in response, taking another swig.

“Where are you, we’ve been worried sick.” Pete told him, Frank explained where he was.

And then he was alone again.