a plan

heyo! so before we start,
Gerard is eighteen, Frank, Pete, Ray, Patrick, Brendon and Ryan are nineteen, Mikey is seventeen and Mira is like 20-25. Bullets era.
I hope you enjoy! see you on the other side,

Gerard Way was officially DONE with his mother.

While Donna was trying to preach about how Gerard REALLY should get a girlfriend soon Gerard made a plan, it was stupid, it was reckless. And he was ready to go full in. Dive right into it without a second thought.

“I’m going out.” He mumbled and left the dinner table, earning a glare digging into his back by his mother. 

Before he left he took a piece of paper his mom usually used for shopping lists and wrote down the plan dot for dot. He smirked, looking down at the crooked letters.

The newly eighteen year old boy walked with steady steps down the street, not stopping until he entered the doors of the local venue. 

“Who’s playing tonight?” He asked the lady at the ticket stand in the darkest voice he could possibly muster.

She gave him an amused glance before speaking “Pencey Prep is playing tonight.” 

“I’ll buy a ticket,” He said sternly, then caving and adding an “please.”

“First time?” The lady asked, with a soft smile.

“Mhm.” Gerard hummed, blushing up in embarrassment from how easy she noticed.

“Oh, I remember the first show I watched. Met my wife there actually.” She smiled, seemingly remembering the old memories.

“Who was performing?” Gerard asked, finally looking up to meet the lady's eyes.

“It was- oh shoot you really should get in there.” She said as a voice started speaking in a speaker inside the closed doors. “Here, now hurry in.” She said and handed him a ticket.

“How much should I-” Gerard hurried to say but the lady just swatted it away and pointed at a door, “Tell me about it when we meet again.” She said with a wink.

Gerard nodded, quickly hurrying in and behind the dark, plastic doors.

The room was seriously filled, people everywhere dancing and jumping along to the front band. Which Gerard didn’t recognize.

He accidentally knocked into a tall dude with big fluffy hair as he was making his way closer to the stage, falling to the ground on the impact.

“Sorry.” Gerard said and looked down, he could sense the guy looking at him.

“Hey it’s alright, are you here with someone?” The guy said and helped him up with big, strong hands.

Gerard shook his head, still looking down.

“It’s okay, are you hurt?” The guy asked, ‘fro bouncing as he checked the, now empty, stage.

“No, I’m fine.” Gerard mumbled, somehow the guy heard and nodded.

“I’m Ray.” Ray said and held his hand out, Gerard shook it. And then felt the force of Ray pulling him after himself.

He was hastily making his way through the crowd with Gerard running afterwards, bumping into several people and attempting to apologize to them.

When Ray finally stopped they were leaning on the iron bars in the very front, they could almost touch the stage from there.

“You’ve never been to a concert before, haven’t you?” Ray asked, nodding his head, and ‘fro, to someone he clearly recognized.

“No.” Gerard said shyly, was he really THAT see through?

“So why Pencey Prep?” Ray asked, leaning on the iron bars and looking intently at Gerard.

“Those were the first people playing tonight.” Gerard said, rubbing his arm where he had bumped into a bigger, bald dude with a baseball cap.

“Oh, OH!” Ray said in realisation. “You?” Gerard asked, desperately trying to keep the conversation going.

“My best friend is the guitarist and singer.” Ray explained.

“And you don’t get like, backstage passes?” Gerard asked.

“He tries,” Ray started, “but I love watching the shows from here way too much.”

“Why?” Gerard wondered, I mean, this far it was kind of meh to Gerard.

“Man, the energy, the people!” Ray's eyes shone as he spoke, sparkling with passion and pure love for it.

“If you like it so much why don’t you play, yourself?” Gerard asked, gesturing towards the stage to enenche his point.

“I just haven’t found a band yet.” Ray says dreamily, but before he could continue the conversation a voice blasted through the speakers, the entire room vibrating with the sound of the guy speaking.

“ARE YOU READY, JERSEY?” The voice sparked.

The crowd cheered and screamed, Ray jumping along with the people making Gerard laugh.

“WELCOME OUT! PENCEY PREP!” 

The entire band welled out on stage, the lead singer, who also had a guitar strapped on grabbed the mic, already slightly sweating.

He pushed his long black hair out of his face before scanning over the crowd with his two beautiful eyes, and then they started playing.

“While you were fucking up, I went and found something new.” He croaked into the mic.

“Packed up all my shit, stole back all my tapes.” By now everyone in the venue seemed to be singing, jumping around, dancing or full on screaming.

“Left your spare key under the mat.” He continued, tattooed fingers traveling over the frats easily, like he’d done it a million times before.

“This is not a joke!” Ray sang along and spun Gerard around, making him giggle uncontrollably. 

They continued to dance around, Gerard even attempted to sing along, even though he didn’t know the song.

After a couple of songs the lead singer, who Gerard learned to be named Frank, landed his eyes on Ray, and then the black haired boy giggling next to him.

Frank and Gerard finally locked eyes, staring into the galaxys that were the others' eyes. Both’s foreheads glistened with sweat and both of the boys were panting.

“We’ve got an attractive crowd tonight.” Frank said, not taking his eyes off Gerard.

“A really hot fuckin’ crowd. Like look at THAT guy!” Frank croaked, pointing at Gerard who blushed up violently as most eyes shot to him.

But Gerard had a plan, he almost forgot that.

And following his plan, he winked at the singer.

Frank shot back a surprised expression before smirking.

Part one on his plan down.