mikey and mira

“Hey, Frank!” Ray said, holding his hand up to make sure Frank saw him.

“Hey!” Frank said, tugging on Gerards hand.

Brendon quickly walked up to them, looking at Gerard for a moment before speaking, “Hey I’m really sorry about yesterday, I got a bit mad and-” Gerard cut him off, “It’s alright, not your fault.” He smiled, Brendon smiled back.

“Hi again, Gerard!” The guy with a fedora said, making Pete and the guy he was standing next to turn around.

“Gerard?” Mikey said, staring at his older brother. “Mikey?” His older brother looked just as surprised.

“You two know each other?” Pete asked, looking back and forth between them.

“Mom is gonna kill you!” Mikey hissed, ignoring Pete, “You’re here too!” Gerard remarked.

“MOM?” Pete asked.

“Shhhh,” Mikey hushed him, “Gee does mom even know you’re here?”

“Maybe,” He said, caving under the death glare of his brother, “not.” He said shyly.

“It’s gonna be soooo awkward if one of you breaks up.” Ryan said, gesturing to Frank, Gerard, Mikey and Pete making Brendon chuckle.

“We aren’t dating.” Frank huffed, making everyone turn to look at him.

Gerard looked down at their intertwined hands, snatching his hand back.

“Spoke too soon.” Brendon whispered to Ryan. 

Gerard didn’t look at Frank, just continuing to stare at his brother. 

“Should we go in?” Pete whispered to Patrick, who agreed silently.

“This is awkward, let’s go in.” Brendon said, breaking the silence.

Everyone nodded, slithering into the venue and following Ray, who seemed to know every band ever playing in Jersey, to the front of the room.

“Hey Gee-” Frank tried, but inevitably got ignored by the boy walking in front of him.

“Do you even know what band is playing?” Mikey asked as they stopped at the iron fence. “Maybe I don’t.” Gerard huffed, not sure whether he should be sad or offended by what Frank had said.

“Of course not.” Mikey groaned, then noticed the way Gerard stared into his own shoes.

“Hey, hey come here.” He told his brother, holding his arms out.

Gerard melted into his arms as the front band left the stage, “We even kissed.” Gerard whispered. He had chosen to be sad about it.

“What a bitch.” Mikey whispered, staring daggers into Frank's back.

Gerard’s plan had turned into a train wreck at this point.

“I don’t know what to do.” Frank whispered to Pete, standing next to him.

Pete crouched down slightly, bending his knees to be in the same level as Frank, “What did you do this time?” He asked.

“I told the dude I like that ‘we aren’t dating’!” Frank groaned, Pete laughed, he fucking laughed.

Frank punched his arm, causing him to bump into a bigger, heavily tattooed man.

The man turned and stared at Pete, who pointed at Frank, who almost pissed his pants on the spot.

“What d’you think you’re doing.” He asked in a heavy accent, Frank was sure that man could crush his head with his fist.

“Sorry?” Frank tried, and then the man stomped towards him. Frank hoped his dad would miss him.