first date

“Hey uh, Gerard?” 

Gerard spun around and got face to face with the front man of Pencey Prep, the tattooed man was standing there looking at him with big eyes.

“Hi.” Gerard answered after a moment of internalized panic.

“I’ll see you again?” Ray interjected, stepping practically in between the two men.

“Mhm!” Gerard hummed, still having his eyes on the tattooed boy with his shoulder long black hair.

Ray whispered something to Frank, who looked over at Gerard and whispered something back, and then Ray slithered out of the venue.

“I’ve never seen you here before?” Frank remarked, gesturing to Gerard.

“I’ve never been here before.” Gerard shot back, which wasn’t completely true.

He had been here with his brother a while ago, but that didn’t count.

And speaking the truth wasn’t part of the plan, so he deemed it pretty unnecessary.

“Allow me to show you around?” Frank said, holding his hand out for Gerard, who took it maybe a bit too fast.

The two boys hurried back into the bigger room with the huge stage, there wasn’t anyone around. Only random cups millering the floor where Frank and Gerard walked.

Frank skillfully jumped up on the stage and helped Gerard up afterwards.

The stage was much bigger than it looked when Gerard was standing down there, there was a strange feeling of standing up on that stage. No one was watching him, but it felt like millions of eyes were on him as he still held onto Franks hand.

“Isn’t it cool.” Frank said, from right next to him.

Gerard nodded, his eyes were big as he looked around.

“Stay here.” Frank said and ran off to the side of the stage, climbing up on the big iron pole that held up the big lamps.

“Don’t fall!” Gerard shouted after him, earning a laugh from Frank, “Would ya follow me to the hospital if I fell?” Frank shouted back.

“I’m not even gonna think about that.” Gerard shuddered.

Suddenly one of the big lights hit Gerard, lighting him and where he was standing up in a bright red light.

Gerard giggled and spun in a circle, looking at the red light illuminating him.

“You look great in red.” Frank said as he jumped off the pole and walked up to Gerard.

“You too.” Gerard hummed and connected their hands.
Frank spun him around, both giggling and stepping on their own feet every now and then.

Suddenly Frank pulled him in close, noses almost touching.

“Buy me dinner first.” Gerard teased and placed a hand on his chest.

“Are you free tonight?” Frank asked, dead serious.

“Now I am.” Gerard said, though a spark of fear bloomed inside him.

This plan didn’t feel so planned out now that he was standing here.

“What’s wrong? Moving too fast?” Frank asked, moving away from Gerard, who quickly grabbed the collar of his shirt, pulling him back.

“No I just,” Gerard started, Frank hushed him and put his forehead to the black haired boy’s.

“I can pick you up tonight?” Frank whispered, gently stroking Gerard's hair.

“Mhm.” Gerard whispered back.

After exchanging phone numbers as well as addresses they said goodbye, Gerard walked straight home, ready to just put on something else and leave.

His plan was going steady.

* * *

“Where were you? I have not taught you to act like this!” Donna said the second Gerard entered the house, he closed the door behind him and turned to look at his mother.

“I was at a concert, and I’m going out. Kinda now.” Gerard said as sternly as he could.

Donna gasped, audibly gasped as she looked down on her black haired son.

“And who said you could?” She asked, in that motherly way she always did.

“I did, mom I’m eighteen. Not five.” Gerard whined.

“Well, do I know her?” Donna asked after a moment of contemplating it.

“I don’t think so.” Gerard said, a smile tugging on the corners of his lips at the thought of Donna thinking he was straight, still.

“Where are you going then?” She asked, leaning and glancing on him.

“They’re gonna pick me up in thirty, so I need to get ready.” Gerard said, not meeting Donna’s eyes.

Donna nodded, moving away from the stairs and letting Gerard hurry up to his room.