I sensed him behind me, his big and protective figure towering over me. An arm snaked around my waist and pulled me away from Cole as I was surrounded with an overwhelmingly delicious scent always associated with him.

"Hello, girlfriend." Nicolas murmured in my ear. His tone was chill and calm, almost above a whisper. Cole couldn't have heard him, but his stance was enough to scream power, enough to scare people away.

I shivered when his breath hit me. "Hi."

"Well, seems like you've got better company." Cole said sarcastically. "I'll go over and win someone else's heart. I will see you at the reception, Nora." His eyes held mine until I nodded, then he went off.

Nicolas turned me around, his arms tight around my waist, but never once did they hurt. His eyes were just like I'd imagined, but along with adoration and possessiveness, there was desire. Not the desire for sex, but desire for me. My body, my soul, my heart, my mind. Sex between us had become more than just exploring each other a very long time ago. "You are so beautiful it hurts, Nora." He growled in my ear. "So fucking beautiful."

"You look delicious, boyfriend." I said to him. He was wearing a black coloured tux, his inky black hair messy and scattered. I'd never taken him to be a bow tie person, and he proved me right by wearing my favourite blue coloured neck tie, which brought out the blue of his eyes. 

 "I want to lock you in my room so that no one but me can see you. And at the same time I want every single person on this planet to look at you and know that you're mine."

"We'll have to stick with option two, baby. Because no way in hell can you lock me up anywhere." I smiled at him mockingly.

"I wouldn't expect anything less from you." He purred, his eyes flickering down to my dress and he let out a small grunt. "Fuck, Nora."

"I do look good, don't I? I know I do."

"You look like a birthday present, so beautiful and so tempting, waiting to be unwrapped." He grabbed my ass in the lightest of grips, taking an inhale from my neck. 

"You do know my parents are here, right?"

"They love me. Your Mom's gonna be ecstatic at our PDA. Your father, not so much. But I'm sure he'll handle it. Oh that reminds me, I've gotta have a conversation with him."

"About what?"

He shrugged, almost too nonchalantly. "Just wanted to invite them over for dinner."

Nicolas had gotten pretty close to my parents in the last month. I'd never been this happier in my life. He was the first guy I'd introduced to my parents and they loved him, even though Dad tried to show he didn't, I knew he did and was delighted for me. Nico had told me he wasn't good with families, but he very good with mine. Everyone loved him. It was hard not to.

"Nicolas!" I turned around to see Lydia glaring at him. Lyds and Nico had also grown closer than before. She'd overcome her shock, and didn't get dazzled by him anymore. They'd understood both of them were important to me, and I was grateful they were getting along. "Stop seducing my best friend and come to congratulate me."

Nicolas softly groaned in my neck. "Save me?"

"Always. But that's Lydia. I can't save you from her, baby." I snorted, pushing at his chest. "Go or she'll kill you."

"I'm coming for you later." He said, looking in my eyes. "You better be there when I do."

"Of course I'll be there. I will make you cum." I laughed at his expression as he shook his head and turned around, interlacing our fingers as we walked to the aisle.