24| Perfect Team

Nicolas

"Jesus Christ." I muttered under my breath.

"You think Nicolas is dangerous? Fucking wait till you see me." Nora's voice echoed in the four walls of my office. "I understand you want his attention. Honestly, everyone does. But the kind of attention you want, he's not gonna give it to you, honey. That's for me. You lost it when you betrayed him. And I don't fucking share, definitely not him."

I stared at the phone in amazement, jaw almost dropping down to the ground. Looking up closely, I noticed the shadow of a smile on Lorenzo's face. He bit his lip, a poor attempt to hide a laugh. I blinked, still amazed. "I- where is she now?"

"She is at the penthouse." He replied, then smirked. "I've already got a car waiting for you downstairs."

I got up in bewilderment, clearing my throat, snapping myself out of the trance. I was surprised because no one had ever fought for me like that. I was surprised because I couldn't believe I'd landed myself a woman like her, that she was mine and she wanted me just as much as I did.

"She's good for you." Lorenzo murmured. "I saw her when she was with Sydney. She showed her that she won't tolerate shit when it comes to you. A possessive woman is the best kind."

"She's too good for me." I murmured. "I never thought-"

"Nora isn't the woman who takes these things lightly, Nicolas." He said. "You obviously know her better than me, so you know. Sydney didn't deny the allegations. She told people with the intention of letting the world know. Nora's reducing my work." He chuckled. "Now I don't have to back off people from you, women especially."

"I don't want anyone except her." I buttoned my blazer, walking out with him behind me. I asked Peter to cancel my schedule for today. We rode down the elevator in utter silence, my mind too focused with the thoughts of my beautiful little tigress. Paul opened the door to the car for me, then we were off.

When I punched in the code for my penthouse and opened the door, the sound of a soft laughter reached my ears. I took a moment to let in sink in. I lost my breath when I went into the drawing room. Nora was on the phone, sauntering around the room. Her lips were pulled up into a huge smile, her face so vibrant and bright that she blurred everything. Her posture was cool and carefree, like she was at home. 

Her eyes snapped to mine and her already wide smile widened more. "Hi, baby! Lydia, I'll call you later." 

I reached her in three steps, grabbing the back of her head and smashing my lips on hers. She didn't react for a second, surprised by my sudden gesture. I kissed her simply because I couldn't do anything else. I needed that breath she was holding. She held my shirt, her mouth moving fiercely against mine. When she pulled back, I was panting. "What was that for?"

"I love you."

"Are you alright?" She asked me.

I nodded, lifting her up. Holding her tight, I buried my face in her neck and inhaled. This was home. She didn't even know what kind of power she had over me. She didn't understand just how much I needed her. "Say it back."

She giggled. "What if I don't?"

I tightened my grip, biting on her neck. "Say it."

Her chest vibrated as she chuckled. "I love you, Nicolas."

"When I heard what you'd said to her, I just- god, I love you, Nora."

"You heard?" She asked, then shook her head. "Of course you did. She had it coming. If she thought I'd just let her bring you down-"