26| Always

Nora

"I now pronounce you husband and wife." The priest said, making me shriek out loud. "You may now kiss the bride."

I jumped up and down as Cameron smiled at my best friend, cupping her face and pressing his lips down on hers. Lydia looked absolutely stunning. Her wedding gown was a dazzling white, hair falling down her waist in curls, pinned by shining diamond studs. Her face was bright and vibrant, joyous, pulled up in a huge smile. She was the most beautiful bride I'd ever seen.

I couldn't stop my grin when everyone around us stood up and clapped, her eyes meeting mine and I saw an excitement in them. She gave me a wink, blowing me a kiss and I pretended to catch it. Cameron narrowed his eyes at me, sticking his tongue out.

Everyone walked over to congratulate them. As I made my way to the aisle, Lydia wasn't satisfied with my pace because she held her wedding gown in one of her hands, then ran to me. I chuckled when she clasped her arms around me, choking my breath. "I'm married!" She screamed. "I'm fucking married!"

"Lyds," I said with quiet amusement. "You are."

"I can't believe it. Did that really happen? Tell me it did. I'm a wife? And I have a husband? Do I-"

"Babe, deep breaths." I cupped her face, not being able to help but chuckle. "You gonna walk over there? People are looking at me like I've stolen you."

"Come with me?" 

"Always." I smiled as I twined our arms, walking with her. Cameron smiled at her when their eyes met, and a silent agreement passed between us as I handed her over to him. He was deeply and hopelessly in love with her and I could see it in his eyes. I loved that they had each other.

Their parents looked so happy I couldn't handle it. They'd always supported their relationship every step they'd taken, and I knew they were proud of how far they'd come today. Lydia's mother looked at me, and just like her daughter, her eyes shone with panic and a heated excitement. I grinned as I walked to her and she pulled me down in a hug. "Congratulations, Kayla."

"I'd known it would happen sometime but now that it has, I can't believe it." She said. "She looks so beautiful."

"She is." I hugged her husband, clasping Cameron's parents' hands and smiling at their expressions. Lydia's bridesmaids called out to me for a picture, and I rushed over to them.

Half an hour later, when we'd given almost a thousand poses to the photographer, I felt an arm snake around my waist and turn me around. My eyes met dark green ones as they looked down at me. "You ready for our dance?"

I chuckled. "Sadly, I'm not really good at ballroom dancing."

"Aw, that sucks." Cole rolled his eyes. "But you're Nora. You're good at everything."

"I'm flattered. Is it really necessary to-"

"Duh. This is their first wedding. We're giving them the experience of everything, which includes the best man and maid of honour dancing together."

"How many weddings do you suppose they're gonna have?" I shook my head in amusement.

I felt a pair of eyes on me. The shiver that ran down my body conveyed to me who it was, and I didn't need to look back. I couldn't even see him, but his gaze made me hot. I knew what his eyes might be looking like, dark and dangerous, taking in even the simplest of movements I made. They would be wild with possessiveness, along with a hint of raw adoration.

"Reid wants to kill me." Cole murmured in my ear. "Is he scared I'll steal you away from him? Because I won't. It's not like I can't. But you're just not my type. I don't mean that in an offending way. You're just too bold for me. Fuck, he really wants to kill me, Nora."