15| Addiction

Nora

"Nora, tell us about your hotshot boyfriend!" Kara hollered. "I mean damn girl. You landed yourself a piece of meat."

I chuckled. "Back off Stone. He's mine."

"Oh I'm back for sure." She giggled. "I saw the pictures of you two online and you look absolutely adorbs. No, you look smexy. Hot mama sexy daddy types. So is it true he has the stamina of a horse?"

I spluttered my drink.

"Oops, was that too forward? Sorry." She winced. "I just want to know. You're dating someone after such a long time and I just want to know what it's like."

"I dated someone just before him, Kara." I pointed out.

"That Jordan? Oh I'm talking about men, not assholes."

Lydia gave her a high five as Scarlet and Eve burst out laughing. I had to give her a point, she was correct. Her smug smile said it all. I was out for a girl's night, much to Nico's dismay who'd wanted to keep me up all night with his insatiable hunger. But I'd already put this back a lot of times, and I missed my friends.

"So, what's he like? Too bossy? I mean a man like him deserves to be bossy."

"He's...demanding. Possessive. Powerful. Wild." I felt my cheeks redden. "But he's got a caring side as well. He doesn't show that often."

"Of course he doesn't." Scarlet muttered. "Enough about boys, I'm gonna dance. Come on!"

We cheered and downed a shot, strutting over to the dance floor. The music made me feel sexy, so I didn't mind moving my hips to the beats, lifting up my hands and letting them fall into my hair. A girly squeak interrupted my motions and I burst out laughing when I saw Lydia and Kara grooving on each other.

"I'm gonna grab a drink." I shouted over the music after a while. I got no response in return, my friends were too busy.

Just when I sat on a bar stool, I felt the seat behind me shift and the shadow of a person. I turned around, looking at the guy who was already looking at me. "Two shots for the beautiful lady." He called out to the bartender.

I raised an eyebrow in return.

He shrugged. His eyes were green, mouth crooked, face amused. "No one says no to free drinks."

I opened my mouth to tell him I was already getting free drinks. This was my boyfriend's club. But I saw the silhouette of a man standing behind me. He beat me to it. "Miss Kinsley?"

I turned around. "Yes?"

The man looked at the guy sitting beside me. "I'm gonna have to request you to move."

"Excuse me?" He raised an eyebrow. "I'm quite comfortable here."

"I insist." The man pressed on. He was dressed in a two piece suit, a blue tooth device stuck to his left ear. His face showed business, no fun, no amusement. He was rigid in his spot, his posture stiff.

"Who are you, dude? I said I didn't want to move. Do you know him?" The guy turned to me.

"No." I said. But I had an idea. This was Nicolas. I knew it was his doing. Why else would he want me to go to a club he owned. He wanted to keep an eye on me.

"Could you leave us alone?" The guy asked.

"Uh, I-I think I should go?" I said unsure, getting up. If Nicolas was worried I was going to cheat on him with a random guy, we were going to have some pretty serious issues. If he couldn't trust me, this won't work.

"Where is he?" I asked the man. "And what's your name?"

"My name's Jacob." He said. "Mr Reid is at his penthouse."