Chapter 13

Nooroo
"It's so beautiful, Marinette. Thank you for bringing me here."

"No problem Nooroo. Jardin des Plantes has a wonderful aroma mixture as well as a fascinating history." I smiled at Marinette's response. After she detransformed, we left the bakery with her parents and came to Jardin desk Plantes for the afternoon. I looked around and felt a tug of nostalgia.

"Marinette, want to know something amazing?"

"Sure, what is..." suddenly, she was cut off by screams of terror. Whipping my head, I saw a Sentimonster.

"Marinette, listen to me very carefully; I know a place to hide, but you need to trust me."

"Always Nooroo."

"Take 20 wide steps south, then turn left and take 40 steps east. Keep going until I tell you to stop."

Marinette began to run, and I kept giving instructions.

"Stop. On your right is a door; go in there."

"Where are we, Nooroo?"

"Well, now it's a restricted area of the building, but there's a hidden room here."

"How do you know that?"

"I'll tell you later. Ok, 10 steps to your left is a wall with a wall scone. Reach out a pull it down."

I watched as Marinette managed to open the secret room.

"Quick, inside. The Sentimonster won't find us here, and it's perfect for transforming."

Meanwhile

Chat Noir
Fighting this Sentimonster is tough. Made of clay, I watched as it would trap civilians in the layers of clay. But why clay? As I pondered, I didn't see the Sentimonster swiping its hand at me until I went flying and crashing through a window. Standing up and shaking off, I realized it was Marinette's home. I began to feel giddy, then panic until I saw her phone on the table. The message, I realized before subconsciously snatching it and sliding it into my pocket. I jumped out, ready to fight again, when I saw the monster was gone. Leaving behind a trail of clay footprints.

Back at Jardin des Plantes

Lady Fairy
I focused on finding the emotions that connected to the Sentimonster. The monster is made of clay, so it must be connected to an artist. Sifting through the emotions of many civilians, I finally found the source. The sculptor! Sending a butterfly to give me a rundown on what is happening so I can choose Theo's abilities. I watched in horror as the Sentimonster caught Chat Noir, trapping him. Feeling a rush of pure anger, I sent my butterfly to Theo. Absorbing itself into the newspaper clipping.

"Theo Barbot. The Sentimonster has captured Chat Noir and needs help. Since you had the Amok, you would know where it is. Will you help us?"

"Of course, Lady Fairy. The Amok is inside the monster. It is only a vessel for the Amok."

"Then I hear by name you as my latest champion, Copycat. You are the same as Chat Noir, powers and appearance. Use your cataclysm wisely because you get one shot since I am giving you a lot of my energy to have such power."

I transformed Copycat and watched sternly as he fought the monster. Using his claws, he ripped Chat Noir from the monster's body before Copycat cataclysm the monster and Chat Noir the Amok. It was over.

Chat noir
"Pound it." I fist-bumped Copycat.

"It's Paw-some that Lady Fairy made another me."

"It was very certainly smart to make a Litter-al copy of Mew." I hugged Copycat in joy from the puns.

"Thank you, Lady Fairy, for Copycat. He makes a Purr-ty Paw-some Fur-end." I noticed the lavender outline appear on Copycat's face.

"She's laughing really hard and said if we're not careful, she's gonna bust a lung." I looked at him, and we both smirked.

"Oh, how Claw-ful. It would be Cat-astrophe if something terrible happened to our Paw-some friend." I made a dramatic pose as if I was going to pass out.

"Fur real." Copycat responded. We kept making Lady Fairy laugh with our puns until I heard the beeping of my ring. I looked at Copycat, who had the lavender outline signaling Lady Fairy was listening. I took a dramatic bow.

"Un-Fur-tunately, I must take my leave."

"It was a pleasure working with Mew Chat Noir." I nodded at Copycat before vaulting away.

Marinette
After revoking the butterfly, I detransformed and made my way back to the gardens.

"Marinette, let me take you somewhere in the greenhouse." Listening to Nooroo's directions, I felt plants that have obviously not been trimmed in a while grazing my arms before Nooroo said we reached the place. Feeling Nooroo leave my pigtail, I cocked my head.

"If you get on your knees, there's an engraving in the stone under the ivy" I got down and sifted the ivy until I felt the carving Nooroo spoke of. Tracing the outline, it turned out to be a name.

"The one who left that was one of my former wielders Marinette. He also loved gardening, and he was one of the original caretakers when the greenhouse was founded. I thought you would like to know since you've expressed interest in your predecessors."

"Thank you, Nooroo. I'm happy that you brought me here to tell me about him." I sat there holding Nooroo in my hands and hugging him. At the same time, he told stories of his former handler.

Meanwhile, at the Agreste residence.

Adrien
"You actually swiped Marinette's phone?!" I winced when Nino raised his voice. I called the guys to ask for help.

"Adrien. Your one of my friends, but that is a terrible idea. If the girls found out, Alix would want to strangle you."

"Kim's thought is 65.7% possible." Max adjusted his glasses before taking the phone from me. Then he pulled out a thumb drive.

"This drive contains the coding necessary to bypass Marinette's phone's security. So that we can reach her voicemail and remove Adrien's message." After a few moments, Max looked at me.

"Adrien, are you 100% sure you want me to wipe the message?"

"I agree with Max, bro. This is your chance to tell the dudette how you feel." The others nodded at Nino's words.

*sigh* "yes, I'm sure. Besides, there will be more opportunities."

"Well, deleting message...now." Max pressed a button before the phone spoke: message deleted.

"Well, I'll get the phone back to the dudette."

"Thanks, Nino. And thanks, guys, for helping me." They smiled and left. As I stared at Marinette's picture, there was a knock at my door.

"Come in." Looking up, I saw it was Nathalie. She walked and sat on the couch and patted the spot next to her. Walking over, I sat down.

"You may have struggled to tell her today. You may also get nervous. But she's a good person, and I'm sure she'll like however you confess to her. If you ever need advice..." she clutched her tablet until her knuckles were white.
"I'm..here for you, Adrien. Remember that." Before she could get up, I gave her a hug, which she returned.

To be continued