Chapter 9

Previously
"Oh man, oh man, oh man."

Let's head back to the Agreste residence

Adrien

"Nathalie, I know father said that I can't have a party but can I at least, huh?" I stood shocked as Nathalie was trapped in a bubble. Running over, I attempted to pop it to no avail.

"Adrien, run and hide. I'll be fine."

"Are you sure?" Placing my hand on the bubble, she did the same. Ever since mom disappeared, Nathalie has become a mom to me. I don't think she realizes that, though.

"I'm sure, Adrien. Your safety is important; now go!" Nodding, I turned around and ran back to my room. Shutting the door and locking it, Plagg flys out of my shirt pocket.

"You ready, Plagg? You charged up?"

"Ready, kid."

"Plagg claws out!"

At the Dupain-Cheng bakery

"Nooroo, bright wings rise!" Infusing energy into the butterfly on her finger, it proceeded to fly away.
"Go away, my little fairy, and please rise the power in his heart!" Lady Fairy's butterfly searched for her hopefully newest champion. The butterfly fluttered in glee once they found the boy Lady Fairy wanted. Fluttering towards the boy, he looked up and mistook it for a feather, shouting; he began to crawl back, but the butterfly ignored him and went to his bracelet.

Lady Fairy
*giggle* "it's ok, Nino, I'm Lady Fairy. A new champion is needed, and you are the perfect candidate for this type of Sentimonster. If you accept and become one of my champions, you will be known as Bubble Boy. You have similar powers as the Sentimonster, but you can control each bubble. You can make it move around, make it bigger, smaller, and use them to protect others. Will you help?"

"I let this Sentimonster be created. If I can help fix this, then I accept."

"You are not at fault, Nino. It's Le Paon's fault. He took advantage of your emotions and manipulated you. Since you have accepted, I now announce you as my newest champion, Bubble Boy" I transformed Nino. Talking to him as he went to look for Chat Noir.

"So, the ChampionBlog thinks your crushing on the cat. Are you?"

"Meep!" I felt my face begin to heat up.

"It's cool, dudette. If you want it to be kept secret, I'll keep it a secret."

"Whew, thank you, Bubble Boy." I noticed some flowers, and since I memorized how each flower's petals are shaped, I knew they were daisies.

"Hey, those daisies over there, what color are they?"

"Huh? Oh! They're yellow."

*whisper* "yellow...gasp!"

"Lady Fairy? Something wrong?"

"Are...are those...BUBBLES!?"

"Yeah?"

"They're so pretty! Could you pop one for me?" Bubble Boy shrunk his wand and blew some bubbles. Reaching out, he popped one. *Laughing* "that's so fun! Can you pop more after the Sentimonster is defeated, please?"

"Sure, LF, you sound like you've never seen a bubble. Hey, there's Chat Noir."

Bubble Boy created some bubble stepping stones to reach Chat Noir. I watched as Bubble Boy shot bubbles at the Sentimonsters cannons, preventing more bubbles from shooting. I put some of my weight onto my cane as I watched Chat Noir cataclysm the monster. Destroying the monster and the feather. "He's so brave," I thought. He was bewitching. Emerald green eyes I would stare at all day. My attention was captured when Bubble Boy blew and popped more bubbles. Giggling, I watched in glee.

Bubble Boy
I decided to call Lady Fairy LF, and I'm happy she likes bubbles. It's odd though, has she never seen a bubble before? Chat Noir and I fist-bumped when we heard a female voice.

"Hey! Chat Noir, new guy, down here!" Looking down, I saw it was Alya with her phone in hand. "Definitely for the blog," I thought before locking eyes with Chat.

"LF, is it ok for Alya to interview me? She runs the ChampionBlog."

"That's fine. I still have some time before I transform back." With both of their permissions, I blew a bubble to lower me to the ground.

"Hi, is it ok if I interview you for the ChampionBlog?" She suddenly facepalmed. "Geez, where are my manners? I didn't even ask for your name."

"It's cool, names Bubble Boy and LF gave me the ok to be interviewed."

"Great!" Alya begins to record.

"What up, peeps? Alya here with the newest and latest champion of Lady Fairy, Bubble Boy."

"What up?"

"You called Lady Fairy LF. Is that a new nickname?"

"LF didn't seem to mind it when I called her but let me ask her." After I got the ok for the nickname, I turned back to Alya.

"Girl is cool with it."

"Lady Fairy likes to ask questions about things such as colors. Did she ask any questions today?"

"Yeah, we passed by some pansies, and she asked what color they were. She also got really excited when she saw the bubbles. LF wanted to watch me pop some. She got hyped and was laughing. It was like she has never seen bubbles before."

"Bubble Boy, I'm sorry, but you are going to have to leave. I only have three minutes before I detransform, and you still need to find a place to hide so I can retract your powers."

"Sorry, Alya, but I need to skedaddle and find a place to detransform."

"I understand, thanks, Bubble Boy!"

Waving, I left and landed in an alley, with LF informing me that I'm now one of her permanent champions.

"I still wish that I can give my dude Adrien a party, though."

"Hmmmmm...I may have an idea."

Later that day at the park.
"Happy birthday!" The class shouted when Adrien walked through the park gates. Shocked, he looked over to Nathalie, who gave him a small smile and nod. For the next few hours, Adrien had fun with his friends, celebrating his first birthday party in several years. Nino playing music, the Dupain-Cheng's giving a birthday cake, presents from his friends. He even got a kiss on the cheek from Marinette.
"Adrien?" He looked up from the book he was reading on his bed.
"Yes, Plagg?"
"The Camembert this morning wasn't your..actual present."
"Oh? Really?"
"Hold out your hand, kid." Adrien put out his hand and watched in horror when Plagg spitted into his hand.
"GROSS! Plagg, I'm huh?" He watched as the spit changed into a tiny black yin-shaped stone.
"It's called a kwagatama. It's a symbol of friendship between a Kwami and their human."
Adrien took Plagg in his hand and brought him to his chest in a hug.
"Thank you, Plagg; you're my friend too."

To be continued

Authors note: The image was a group of champions and I don't want to spoil it. If you do want spoilers head to BeeBeeBomBams Tumblr.