Chapter 8

A little girl with midnight black hair that glints blue when the sun shines on her head, and bluebell eyes felt something on her arm. She squealed in fear. "Hey, it's ok." The little boy who sat in front of the girl took her hand and placed a bottle. "Their bubbles, they won't hurt you." "You sure?" "Yeah." The little boy looked down in sadness. "I know you can't see them, but they're still fun." He took her other hand and placed a stick in it. "This is the wand; you place it in the bottle, take it out and blow on it. It then makes bubbles!" He guided her hands to teach her how to blow bubbles. She blew and heard some popping. After blowing, she heard her friend laughing. "They make others happy," she thought. Soon, she was blowing bubbles and enjoying the sound of her friend Nino's laughter. Even though she couldn't see them, she giggled in joy as she heard him laughing and jumping around.

Present-day

Nooroo
I was drinking some nectar that a butterfly extracted for me when Marinette sat up in her bed. I flew over to her.

"Good morning Marinette."

"Morning Nooroo, today's gonna be a fun day."

"Really? Why?"

"Today's Adrien's birthday. Nino likes to put together parties for his friends. I already made Adrien a present."

"Oh, is it that scarf you were knitting?"

"Yeah, I chose that yarn because it was so soft. Mom told me it was blue."

"Well, the blue she mentioned is actually the color of the sky when Lady WiFi was transformed and going around Paris for you the other day." I smiled, thinking back to that day. Marinette couldn't stop thinking of those pigeons' colors, so I suggested getting Alya and show her Paris. She beamed in happiness once I told her the exact color shade. Being Lady Fairy has been very good for her mentally. I've also noticed that she doesn't like not being able to tell others about this, though.

"Nooroo, it's time to go." I snapped out of my thoughts when Marinette called out. I went and snuggled myself in her soft pigtail. "So cozy," I thought as we made our way to the school. Peeking my head out, I noticed kids were dressed up for what I assumed was the planned party.

Meanwhile, at the Agreste residence...

"Happy birthday Adrien."

"Aw Plagg, get that filthy piece of Camembert out of my face."

"Huh? Ahhh *eats* mmmm."

Back at the school

Nino
I waited outside until I saw Adrien's ride pull up to the curb.

"Hey dude," I called out. As he got closer, he looked upset. "Not good," I thought. "Dude, what's up?"

*sigh* "my dad said I couldn't have a party."

"Dude, seriously! Has your dad always been such a downer; you think he at least remembers what it was like to be young and want to party a little." Blowing bubbles while speaking.

"No, I'm pretty sure he was a downer back then too."

"You know what?" I threw my arm around my dude's shoulders. "I'm gonna have a little convo with your pop. It's your bday dude." A flash of pink showed up in the corner of my eye. Looking up to see Marinette coming over with a present. Smirking, I whispered into Adrien's ear.

"Dude, Marinette is coming over, and she's got a present in her hands." Adrien's face turned so red that it could give Nathaniel's hair a run for its money...if it had any. "He's got it bad."

"Happy birthday Adrien!" Chloe yelled as she pushed Marinette out of the way. I yelled her name and rushed over to help her up while Adrien struggled to get over and help as well.

"Not cool, Chloe," Alya growled as I handed dudette her cane. Realizing what she did, Chloe began to stammer then ran off, shouting, "I didn't realize."

"Well, she kinda apologized, I guess?"

"It's fine, you guys."

"You sure, Marinette? It looked like a nasty fall." She held out her hand and placed it on my shoulder. "Can she see blurred outlines right now?" I thought.

"I'm sure Nino."

"H-here, t-t-take my h-hand." Stuttered Adrien while she took his hand.

"Thanks, Adrien, oh, here's your present. Happy birthday!" Alya and Marinette walked away, and I just looked at my bro who was staring at his hand.

"She touched my hand."

*chuckle* "bro, don't faint, don't wanna carry you to the classroom."

Timeskip to lunch

Adrien
"Well, Adrien? Open it" Alya leaned over in excitement while Marinette sat patiently. I opened the present and was stunned at my gift.

"I made it myself," Marinette said as I felt the knitted scarf.

"I love it, Marinette." Speaking as I gently put on the soft scarf. I slowly inhaled her floral smell from the scarf. Suddenly, a rumbling sound came from my chest, and my three friends froze. I sat ramrod straight when I saw Alya's teasing face. Propping her hands under her chin, she slightly leaned forward.

"Adrien? Did you purr?"

"Uhhhh...no?"

"Holy cow, you did." She laughed as I slowly sunk into my seat, silently begging for a dark hole to swallow me.

The Agreste residence after school
"Listen, young man. I decided what's best for my son. In fact, I've just decided you're a bad influence, and you're not welcomed in my house ever again. Leave now!" Gabriel shouted to his son's friend who's style of fashion offended him. Walking to his office and closing the door, he leaned against the door, shuddering from the sight of the poor shirts worn-out neckline and the boy's clashing bracelets colors. To him, the boy was a walking fashion disaster. Nino left Adrien's home and went to the park to blow bubbles. Nino paused, thinking back to when he taught Marinette how to blow bubbles. But before the memory could calm his anger, a dark blue feather absorbed itself into the bottle of bubble soap.
"Your friend's father doesn't understand your intentions. You want to give your friend a birthday party. Allow me to give a guardian to keep anyone that wants to stop you from trying to celebrate your friend's birthday. All I ask is for control of the guardian so that you don't have to manage a guardian and the party."
"Go right ahead, man."
The bottle in his hand began to shake and morph. Startled, he threw the bottle and scrambled away as the dark blue bubble mist grew bigger, and bigger, and bigger. Forming a giant turtle. Big enough to take up an entire road. The top of its shell dotted with little cannons shooting bubbles, trapping individuals in them. Nino ran with one hand on the top of his hat to keep it from falling off.
"Oh man, oh man, oh man." He constantly repeated as he ran away.

To be continued