Chapter 3

Previously

Chat Noir and Ivan watched the feather turn white, thinking that the feather purified itself. But they were wrong, oh, they were so wrong. Somewhere in Paris, a large glass window with a peacock design, feathers spread shining light into a dark room. Standing in the light stood a man. Dress shoes that are a dark blue, so dark they nearly look black. Black dress slacks with a double-breasted jacket, black cuffs, and peacock feathers as the coat-tails. An open ruff Elizabethan collar made out of feathers. Also, wearing a black turtleneck with a singular feather at the nape. Skin a cerulean blue, black Scyllas with peach red irises, covered with a simple deep blue mask. His black hair slicked back. On his left chest, directly over his heart, was a peacock brooch. In his hand, a fan with sharp-tipped ends that could cut skin very deep. The man closed his hand fan in frustration. "What is wrong, sir?" A female voice spoke somewhere in the large room where no light shone. "Stoneheart was practically useless! Not only useless but far too dangerous. I want the ring. So I need to scare people, not kill them! Leaving the Amok in that young man's hand was a mistake." "What will you do next time, sir?" "The next time, I must have the Sentimonster be holding the Amok so I may have full control." "But what if your next victim does not want the Sentimonster to hold the item?" "Either I tell them to hand it over or have the Sentimonster take it by force. Whichever will be necessary. At least the ring is now active and because the new 'hero' doesn't have a partner to balance him out. Getting the miraculous will be easy." The man looked up to the window and placed his hand over his heart. "Soon, soon, my love. I will get you back. Paris will cower under the name Le Paon until you are by my side again."

The next day, Ivan was walking into school with a piece of paper while thinking of his conversation with Chat Noir: "I could...writer her a song?" "That's a great idea, Ivan; let me hear you sing." Ivan sang a few verses from his favorite heavy metal band, the Zombie Skull Crushers. Ivan didn't notice Chat Noir slightly wince at his singing before interrupting. "Hey, why don't you write it. Your voice is...so great that....other people would get in the way of you confessing your feelings to Mylene." So here Ivan was, holding a song for Mylene. Taking a deep breath, he walked toward Mylene, who was walking away from their classmate Rose. "My-Mylene?" He handed her the song, and she read it. "It's beautiful." They both looked away for a moment before Ivan looked down at her."I know I look scary." Mylene didn't say anything. "I promise, I'll be gentle." Mylene smiled and hugged him. People around them were happy, and some were talking about how romantic and adorable it was. The happiest one was Kim. "I knew you could do it, Ivan." Kim thought while leaning against a wall watching with pride and happiness for the new couple. While everyone was admiring the new couple, Ivan was silently thanking Chat Noir for the encouragement and help because now, he is with the girl he cares about. And he's going to make sure to treat her like a Queen.

Present-day

Marinette

*whispers* "Marinette, everything looks amazing. *sniff* smells soooooo good."

Marinette giggled at Nooroo's swooning in her pigtail. She and her classmates were in the park outside the school and bakery planting different flowers. The planning was very detailed. From which flowers are best to plant next to each other, the soil, and even seasonal care were being planned. Nooroo was whispering suggestions to Marinette.

*Whispers* "the Lady Fern would make a good background for the Begonias. Also, lilies and Shasta daisies are good with Phlox."

*Whispers* "thanks, Nooroo." So here we were, outside in the park planting flowers. Besides a spot for butterflies, everyone else and I thought of making sections for hummingbirds and Honeybees. Especially since Honeybees are endangered. Juleka muttered a brilliant idea earlier. Include companion plants that drive away wasp, yellow jackets, and hornets. Mostly wasp and the yellow jackets since they attack bees. One of the city gardeners has been helping us with carrying and transporting plants. Surprisingly, even Chloe has helped by having her father supply the flowers. She may be mean, but even she is kind deep down.

"Hey, dudette."

I smiled, knowing the use of slang anywhere. I twisted my upper body to face the direction from where I was on my knees, planting some Yarrow to face one of my greatest friends.

"Hey, Nino, what's up?"

"Adrien's old man is letting his model son get dirty to give us a hand."

"Really!?"

"Yep, I was surprised too. The dude said the park looks "bland," and the sound of what is being planted sounded great to him."

"I'm happy Mr. Agreste is letting Adrien out."

"Hey, everyone!"

I got up from the ground and made my way towards Adrien's voice to greet him. When I got there, I felt him take my hand and put a flower there. Just by the stem, I immediately knew it was a lily.

"Lilies were my mother's favorite. My father and I wanted to ask if...we could plant some?"

"You don't even have to ask Adrien; we are planting lilies as well. Would you like to plant them?"

Adrien pulled me into a hug and said just one word: "yes." Neither of us knew at that moment our Kwamis saw each other and smiled.

Meanwhile
At the tv station, the weather girl contest voting was over. Announcing Mireille Caquet as the winner and Aurore Beaureal as the loser. "Hey, you only lost by half a million votes!" The announcer yelled out to Aurore as she left the studio towards the elevator. While this was happening, a panel opened in a circular motion revealing the peacock window where Le Paon stood. Plucking a feather from his collar and inserting negative energy, he sent it off towards the studio. The blue feather squeezed into the elevator scaring Aurore during her rant of how she should've won the competition. Swinging her parasol and opening it to hide, the feather placed itself into the parasol. "You are so right; you should've one. My name is Le Paon, and I want to give you a guardian that will show those who didn't see your talent a small lesson. But the guardian needs the parasol your holding to be able to do their duty. Do you accept?" "Yes, Le Paon." Aurore stood up and watched in a mass of dark blue mist a person appeared. A copy of Aurora, but in a dark purple dress with white full-length sleeves and white knee-high boots with heels. Black tights with black and purple pigtails that looked like tornadoes. Aurore handed the Sentimonster the parasol before heading out under the control of Le Paon.