Chapter 2

Adrien

School. Father actually was letting me attend public school. I finally have some freedom, although I have to have more photoshoots, fencing lessons, and Chinese lessons. It's all worth it though, I get to attend a real school. I would find this out later though because Nathalie let me go into the school. Nathalie...she has been wonderful since my mother disappeared. Entering the school I saw a familiar figure. A girl with her blond hair situated in a high ponytail, with a yellow jacket and white pants.

"Hey, Chloe."

"Adrikins you came!"

Racing over in excitement Chloe threw herself engulfing me with a hug. She led me to the classroom where she saved me a seat in the front row. Thanking her, I sat down and looked over to the boy next to me. He wore a blue shirt with a pair of blue, orange, and black headphones. With black glasses and a red baseball cap, I extended my hand to introduce myself.

"Your friends with Chloe then huh?"

Confused he leaned over to look behind me. turning around I saw Chloe take out her gum, giving it to a short bob red-head girl who...put it onto someone's seat?! After confronting Chloe who told me about people "respecting" her I tried to remove the gum. When I heard an extremely angry, female voice.

"Hey! What are you doing?!"

Alya

I enter the room with Marinette to see some blond-haired boy putting gum on Marinette's seat. I heard laughter and I looked up to see, not surprisingly, Chloe and her minion Sabrina laughing. Marinette was obviously confused since she asked what was going on.

"Ok, I get it, good job you three, very funny."

"No no, I was trying to take this off!"

I was shaking in rage. They had some nerve to put gum in a blind girl's seat. Grabbing a tissue out of my bag I placed it over the gum. I walked over to Marinette

"They put gum on your seat Marinette. You can sit in my seat today." Just as I was about to turn away, I saw Marinette reaching out for me to take her hand.

"Alya, you don't have to. I can sit there."

Realizing what I did I blushed in embarrassment. Great, I just offended Marinette. She's not helpless. Wait, did I offend her enough that she doesn't want to be my friend? Please whoever is up there, don't let me lose her. While I was internally panicking I wasn't noticing Marinette calling my name.

"Alya? Alya!"

Jumping out of my stupor I turned my head over to Marinette, worried she was going to get upset at me. She smiled and squeezed my hand in reassurance.

"It's fine Alya. I understand and I will sit in your seat today."

"I'm sorry Marinette...I just.."

"It's ok. We can learn together."

I smiled in relief and happiness. I sat in Marinette's seat while she sat in mine. I was happy I didn't lose my friend.

Marinette

The boy didn't do it. I know because of his voice and how he was talking. His voice pitch didn't change for one. A sign of lying is emphasizing on certain words to sound more believable. His voice also sounded genuine. Before I could get the chance to actually inform Alya of course, the bell just had to ring at that moment. Sighing, I chose to tell her later that day.

Time skip

It was raining when school was let out. Marinette stood under the awning of the school's front steps waiting out the rain. Adrien was walking out and saw her there. "Would you like me to walk you home?" She smiled and accepted his offer. With Adrien's bodyguard driving a good distance behind them, they reached the door of the bakery. Before Marinette walked inside she heard Adrien. "I just wanted to let you know I was only trying to take the chewing gun off your seat. I swear." She grinned but didn't turn around just yet because he wasn't done speaking. "I've never been to school before. I've never had friends. It's all sort of....new to me." Turning her head she spoke two words: "I know."
Adrien was shocked. "You do? How?" "Your voice. It was genuine." There was silence between them when a clap of thunder jolted Adrien out of his stupor and watched Marinette smile and walk into the baker. "Buy Adrien." It was at that moment that Adrien knew what the kind of love for another was like. Adrien knew right there and then. He was in love. Neither of them noticed in the distance a little old man watching their interaction. "She's the right choice." The man muttered before walking away.

The next day after school

Marinette

After coming home from school I made my way up to my bedroom. When I entered I noticed that something was...off. Something felt different. Tapping my cane on the floor I listened. The dresser I thought. There was something different with the dresser. Walking over I glided my hand over the top when my fingers brushed against something small and wooden. Picking up the unknown object and feeling it, I found it to be a small, octagonal shaped jewelry box with something engraved on the top. Flipping the small latch, I opened the box then suddenly feeling something whipping around me before stopping. Then, I heard a small voice.

"Hello, my names Nooroo what's your?"

"Marinette." I reached out my hand and this Nooroo landed in my palm. *touch* "you're tiny.." *touch* "and you have wings..your a fairy!"

*Giggle* "I'm Kwami but fairy sounds good."

"Kwami?" Nooroo proceeded to explain Kwami's to the butterfly miraculous and the abilities. "Well it's a good thing that my flower garden is intended to attract butterflies." Nooroo gasped before what sounded like a happy squeal. I then heard him whip past my ear and diving into my flower beds with the sound of rustling leaves.

"Butterfly Bush, Calendula, Zinna, you have SO many flowers that butterflies love!" Nooroo flew around checking out more of my garden. "You know, Zinna's are personally my favorite because I can sleep on them."

"Well you are more than welcome to sleep on any on my flowers." I felt Nooroo hover around my neck. *squeals* "that tickles!" After a small tickle fest Nooroo snuggled himself into one of my pigtails.

"This is a great place for me to hide wherever you go out Marinette. It's better than trying to hide in your bag. Plus, I can whisper to you and randomly tickle you."

I laughed. "Please don't Nooroo." We starting Talking about music, school, and flowers until I heard my mother shouting for dinner. "Well Nooroo, you ready?"

"Ready Marinette!"

Making my way down the stairs with Nooroo in my left pigtail, we made our way to spend time with my parents for the evening. Tomorrow is going to be interesting.