Chapter 1

Marinette

"Marinette, you better wake up, or you'll be late for school." I heard my mom shout up the stairs. I groaned but sat up and reached over for my cane. You see, I was born blind, but it doesn't bother me. I play the violin, sing, and I love gardening. Walking to the bathroom, I proceeded to brush my teeth and do my usual morning routine. I then went to my closet and grabbed a set of clothes. After finishing, I went downstairs to eat breakfast with my parents. Sitting down in my usual spot, I heard my father's feet making their way to my left side.

"Are you looking forward to your first day at school?"

I tilted my head to the right as I heard my mother's soft and gentle voice come from the kitchen. Her footsteps can be challenging to sense at times because of how small she is and her walking on the balls of her feet, not her heels. I've never even seen my mother, but from the times she has hugged me, and when I saw a shadow where her voice was coming from once, I knew she was a short woman.

"I'll be fine, mom; we've lived here since I was a baby, so I know where to go."

I gave my mother a reassuring smile, and it seemed to ease her as I felt her nervousness leave the room. Getting my backpack, I say goodbye and leave for school.

Time skip

Marinette

As I entered the school, I heard many voices. Hearing them from different directions. I heard a pair of roller skates, and I immediately knew it was Alix. There are times I wonder if she sleeps with them on. Giggling to myself, I make my way to my classroom and sit in my seat. I try not to chuckle when Nino grumbles after Mrs. Bustier tells him to sit in the front in the phrase of a suggestion when it was really an order. *SLAM*

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng"

"Chloe"

"That's my seat."

Meanwhile

Adrien

"Adrien, please reconsider. You know what your father wants."

"But this is what I want."

I suddenly heard someone yelp in pain. I whipped my head and saw an elderly man in a Hawaiian shirt on the ground reaching for his cane. I noted a man passing by and not even glancing at the older man. "Are you serious?" I thought while running over to help the man. After the man walked away, I turned around to see Nathalie and my bodyguard blocking the school's front steps. Realizing I failed, I made my way back to the car to go home, only to be scolded by my father.

Time skip back to school.

"Ivan goto the principal's office!"

As Ivan made his way to Principal Damocles office, a small dark blue feather flew across Paris to College Francoise Dupont, absorbing itself into the crumpled paper in Ivan's hand. His head shot up as a deep man's voice was in his head.

"Hello Ivan, someone has been taunting your feelings for a certain girl when you only have a hard time expressing yourself. Let me give you a guardian to keep these taunts from continuing. All I ask is that I can have your guardian bring me the ring of the black cat. Do we have a deal?

"Kim won't be making fun of me anymore."

A large mass of dark blue mist began to form until a large creature of stone emerged.

"KIMMM!"

The monster roared the students' name then proceeded to make its way through the city towards a class. Unaware of the danger that approaches.