Chapter 27

_LEXI KNIGHT_

I was busy working back and forth for my gang. Maybe I should take a break. I sigh but suddenly my phone gets a notification from someone. I check ID. It's from dad.

~I want you at the party. If you like it or not.

I roll my eyes. Well, my dear overprotective dad Jordan knight. Well. I don't have an option besides I want to check on Bella. I have to make sure if she is okay or not. No matter what she is like a daughter to me. She is important to me. I sigh and close my eyes resting my head on the chair.

A few minutes later the door of my room opens and my lovely boyfriend, Dexter walks in. A smile formed on my lips. He smiles back and kisses me on the forehead.

"Thinking about Bella." He states knowingly.

"I just miss her." I sigh. He chuckles.

"Why don't you call her. She will feel good." He asked.

"We both know she must be mad at me after sending back to her father's," I said to him. He nods.

"She loves us. She won't do anything." He tries to assure me.

"No Dexter. She had gone through the worst it's difficult for her to understand us." I sigh in annoyance.

Dexter didn't say anything instead he kisses my forehead and rub my back. I feel less stressed.

"Well dex, Dad wants me at the party. We can meet Bella you know." I said looking at him. He nods.

"We have to check on Bella so we must go there. But I have a little work so I will come a day after the party." He informed me. I nod.

"Okay, then I am going at night," I announced.

"Okay, then my love. Take care. I must go now." He said after some time.

"We have to tell dad about our marriage." I remind him. He nods.

I smile and kiss him last time. After that dexter left for his work. I grab my bag and packed all the stuff. Finally taking my private jet I left for my hometown.

After a long hour, I decided to freshen up and get ready for the party. I decided to wear a plain red dress with less makeover and high heels. Now that's my style.

After few hours I reach my home. Guard opens the door for me. I get out of the car and look at the mansion. I am here after a long time. Last time I was here when I have to take Bella with me. Suddenly my phone rings without checking my ID I picked it up.

"Hello," I said.

"How is my favorite aunt?" I heard the amused voice of my niece.

"Hey, Asher. What's up?" I asked with a smile.

"Nothing much. Are you at the party?" He asked.

"Yeah, are you here," I asked.

"Well, something came up. we can't make it out there." Asher said.

"Alright then. I will tell them. But when I will be able to meet you?" I ask.

"Someone missed me." He said in complete amusement. I roll my eyes.

"Come on man," I reply.

"Don't worry we will meet soon. By the way, I have to go. Take care." He said.

"Take care of yourself, my niece," I reply.

Then he hanged up. I smile. That's what I like about Asher. He has a cool yet strong personality, unlike Xavier who just has a cold stone face. I can't believe they are twins. Well, who I am to question that.