Chapter 2- A...Paper Test?

*Yume's POV*

For the past month, I've been just doing normal D-rank missions. 

I definitely wasn't raging at the Hokage or Asuma-sensei because my brother went on a B-rank mission and almost died while I was walking dogs.

I didn't have much planned today other than going out for sweets with my team. Asuma-sensei eventually left us to do some business, but oh well, he has more things to do besides babysitting us.

Actually I wish I never said that because Asuma-sensei came back to us with a big surprise that I, for a fact, didn't like. And that surprise is called Chunin Exams

"Chunin Exams?" Ino asked and Asuma-sensei nodded

"You four will be competing in the exams to become Chunin. How does that sound?"

"Like a drag." Shikamaru stated, deadpanning at Asuma-sensei. Me and Chouji nodded, agreeing with Shikamaru's statement.

"But we're a team of four... One of us can't compete!" I rather asked than stated, but then Asuma-sensei smiled and put his big hand on top of my head, gently patting it.

"I managed to make the four of you compete. Don't ask how"

"Suddenly, I don't feel like eating..." Chouji said lowly as the rest of us sweatdropped at Asuma-sensei.

I was deep in my thoughts, thinking how I can possibly get through and how Sasuke would react if I decided to quit...

-Three minutes later-

"No. You're not going to quit."

"BUT SASUKE-"

"NO SISTER OF MINE IS A QUITTER!"

"WELL I'M YOUR SISTER! I'M OUT!"

"IF YOU ENTER THE EXAMS, I'LL TAKE YOU OUT FOR DANGO EVERYDAY! MY TREAT TOO!"

-Time Skip To The First Test-

We were waiting for the exams to start. Kiba, Hinata, and Shino came in but didn't notice us.

Then Sasuke and his team walked in, they kept looking around nervously. Ino jumped in right on my brother's back, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"I've been eagerly waiting for you ever since I heard that I could see you for the first time in so long!" Ino said with red cheeks, and sure enough, that was enough for Sakura to get mad.

"Get away from Sasuke-kun! Ino pig!" Sakura yelled, pointing a finger at Ino.

"Oh my, it's you, Sakura. Your forehead is still wide and you're still ugly...as usual" Ino teased with a mocking tone

"What did you say?!" Sakura snapped and Ino just stuck her tongue out at Sakura.

The Shikamaru, Chouji, and I were watching Ino piss Sakura off from a distance, but in the end we decided to walk over and say hi.

"Are you three taking the troublesome exam, too?" Shikamaru asked, rubbing the back of his head tiredly

"Hey, it's the idiot quartet!" Naruto exclaimed, pointing a finger at the rest of us.

"Stop calling us that. It's annoying" Shikamaru complained while Chouji was munching on some potato chips.

"Yeah! Found you all" Kiba said as he approached us along with Hinata and Shino, "I see that everyone's here"

"What? So you three made it, too? Geez" Shikamaru said in annoyance

"I see, so all ten rookies this year are going to take the chunin exam. How far do you think we can get, Sasuke?" Kiba smirked ever-so-confidently at my brother who smirked back.