Prologue

Sasuke and I were walking back home from the academy. Staying late practicing together,  we both knew that we would get scolded from mom for sure, but that never happened. 

When we walked into the Uchiha compound, we were greeting by one horrifying surprise. The scent of blood was everywhere as well as bodies. 

Me and Sasuke rushed to our house right and found Itachi standing beside our parents' bodies holding a blade dripping with blood. And that is the only thing I remember of that day.

'..Itachi...Why did you do that...?'

'..What happened to..?'

'..Why...Why...?!'

'..Why did you leave me?!'

"..ʸᵘᵐᵉ...ʸᵘᵐᵉ..."

Suddenly, I was slapped right in the face and woken up from the nightmare I was in.

"Yume! What happened?" Sasuke cried as soon as my eyes had opened. He was standing over my bed, his eyes red and his hands clenching my shoulders so roughly that his nails left marks on my skin.

"Huh? What happened?" I mumbled in confusion, not understanding what he meant.

"You were crying. Did you have a bad dream?" Sasuke asked worriedly, letting go of me and wiping his wet and reddened eyes with the palm of his hand.

I was practically all he had left, and he was all I had left from our family.

"I guess..." I murmured, not really remembering the contents of my dream then Sasuke sighed and gently patted my head.

"It's okay, Yume..I'm here, and I won't go anywhere..."

"Promise?"

"Promise."