Chapter Sixty Nine

Start from the beginning

The anger and frustration Alo had felt a few days ago had completely faded now, and he gave Nakai a quick yet tight hug before opening the door for them. After Nakai had gotten dressed, instead of waking Wang Bao up straight away, he decided to move the car; a white sedan, out of the garage for a quick exit. The walk back to the docks wasn't long, but Nakai wanted to limit the amount of people that saw them leaving, just in case. With both his and Wang Bao's bags in his hands, Nakai started walking to the boot of the car, while Wang Bao said another quick goodby to everyone. Behind Nakai, Zhang was walking at a slow pace with an expression that clearly showed something was lingering on his mind. By the time Wang Bao slipped into the front passenger seat, Zhang had only just made it to where Nakai was waiting. The last few days, Nakai had been willing to let Luka and Zhang work through their issues by themselves, but seeing that both young men were too stubborn to open their mouths and say what needed to be said, he figured he would need to say something. With Zhang still moving at a snail pace to put his bag in the car, Nakai finally stopped him then said in a quiet voice.

"Don't do something you'll regret in the future."

Nakai closed the boot of the car, and the sound of the automatic lock turning was more like a light bulb lighting up in Zhang's brain. His appearance still looked worn down and tired, but Zhang's expression was a little brighter, and he thanked Nakai before stepping away. Without wasting any more time, Nakai got into the car and drove off. Only once the car was out of sight did Zhang turn around, and he was surprised to see Luka was waiting in the doorway for him. The sight made Zhang's heart both ache and itch, a feeling he wasn't used to. While walking back to the house, Zhang plucked up the courage to finally speak to Luka, and he asked in a light voice.

"Don't you have anything to say to me?"

Unlike the happiness that was evident in Zhang's bright eyes, Luka's face looked slightly bothered and sour, as if he had just eaten a bad orange. Once he heard Zhang's question, Luka kept up the appearance by saying bitterly.

"You should've told me you were staying earlier, I would have prepared more food for breakfast."

Hearing Luka's response, Zhang didn't know whether to laugh or cry, but he accepted the salt Luka was throwing at him nonetheless. With a deep sigh, Zhang placed his bag on the ground then reached out to hold both of Luka's hands firmly. Because Luka had been working more in the kitchen, Zhang could feel his hands had gotten a little rougher compared to his soft delicate hands from earlier. The feeling was nice for Zhang though, and he decided to force himself to be more open now that he had decided to stay on the small island, and he took a deep breath before saying.

"These last few days, I've been going through hell thinking you no longer wanted me. Just now, I knew I would be the biggest idiot if I were to walk away from you."

Luka already knew Zhang was slow to realise things, but he didn't think the man would be this dense, and before thinking about how to respond, words were already coming out of his mouth.

"You're already stupid for making me wait this long!"

After speaking, Luka could only glare at Zhang, making Zhang chuckle but not deny what had been said. Now that they had spoken, Luka was wanting to return to the kitchen to get breakfast started, but before he could properly turn around, he felt Zhang pull him back. As soon as Zhang's face came back into view, Luka felt something soft press against his lips, and he couldn't help but shut his eyes. It took a few seconds, but Luka realised Zhang was actually kissing him, and he took the opportunity to tease Zhang a little. Just when Zhang went to pull away, Luka sucked then licked Zhang's lips before pulling away with a goofy smile. The look on Zhang's face was more than satisfying, and he bent down to pull Zhang's bag inside. At the same time, Zhang finally processed what had happened, and he quickly asked Luka in a stunned voice.