Chapter 23: It's just a Multiverse Theory

Chapter 23

(The photo for your ask wouldn't load, @T-dude, so just enjoy this part written for you -w-)

Two deities talked to each other stories about what had happened since they last saw each other. "So...Kindness was murdered" Myriad muttered numbly, staring at the floor. "oh...She...who did it?"

"They believe it was Merciful" Ancient sighed, "they didn't even let Merciless be the judge. Fate is now in control of the Realm". The deity of magic blinked, flabbergasted. "Fate? But she never wanted to be the leader, it was Destiny that dragged her into the council anyways!" He exclaimed, "how did they manage to get her into the leader role?!". Ancient shrugged, "I am unsure. She's been acting off for a while, constantly keeping to herself and staying in her room. Destiny has also refused to talk to Fate for tormenting her choosing child. Everything has been spiraling downwards since you left. Why can't you come back?"

"You know that I can't. I'm trapped until my Au's story is over, but that doesn't mean I won't be here for you." he smiled comfortingly, patting the girl beside him on the back. "Just hang on, i'm sure it'll get better soon."

======== ========

"Who would have thought?" Reaper hissed. "Ink has control over the portal systems in this AU!"

"It makes sense though" the other sans hummed, "he made the AU and he always had this weird knowledge of always knowing where everyone is". "What?" Lust asked, turning his head to stare at the god of death.

"He always knew where everyone was? How has he not found us yet then?"

"I suspect it's because he can only track us by our portal that each of us can make. It leaves behind a magic signature and a specific code that he can recognise" The god explained, "It also explains how Error can avoid us so easily".

"How many AU's are there anyways?" Lust mused, remembering when the frustrated creator couldn't find his rival. "We have no idea why Error enjoys destroying, in fact, the way he words himself can suggest that he actually doesn't like being the destroyer"

Reaper gasped. "What if he's destroying the AUs to piss Ink off? I would do exactly that if I was him, especially after figuring out how he really acts"

"But Error never said that he liked or even enjoyed destroying in the first place. If he was indeed destroying to anger Ink, he would verbally and openly say he enjoys it for it would frustrate the creator. Though, he did mention it being his job before..." the two went silent, thinking carefully. "Didn't you say there was a balance before?" Lust questioned.

"Balance? Yeah," Reaper nodded. How would he not remember the balance? His lover had researched the subject for him, after all. Geno had found out about its purpose and suggested that there may be more than one sort of balance that keeps the multiverse stable before he had even met Dream and found out about the emotional balance. "Wait...are you suggesting that there's a creation, destruction balance?" Everything seemed to suddenly make sense in the god of death's head. "Of course! That explains so many things! Too, many things... how didn't we see it before?"

Lust nodded, an odd glint in his eyes. "Because we had a mental block. We believed what Ink said to such a degree that we had formed a mental block, where we wouldn't notice something till we focused on it. You could say that it's similar to selective hearing but with your mind."

Reaper nodded in understanding. "I can also guess that perhaps Ink doesn't know about the balance?"

"But we can also easily assume that Error has tried to explain it to him, at least once." The other argued, "he could be purposely feigning ignorance." Lust hummed. "But Ink is the god of creations and the protector of AUs. It wouldn't make sense for him to pretend to not hear or understand Error, the destroyer of AUs''. "But, if that's the case..." Reaper narrowed his eye sockets, "his actions would be considered odd. We are part of AUs yet he had shown no consideration of mercy or 'protecting' us, hell, Ink even pushed the Sanses of original AUs to fight one person! The one person who could have ended all our lives yet didn't murder any of us. In fact, he hadn't even damaged any of us at all. Most of us have only one HP. That so-called monster could kill any of us and thousands of copies and the original AU would go crashing down into the void, aka, one of the absolute worst ways to die. Having every atom of your body being pulled apart and put together again on repeat for practically eternity."