— and it was the least she could do for f/n... before she regretted the events that were to approach the
s/c immortal.

             "...at least, i'm trusted by the people around me. including f/n, if you please. this isn't about me, neither is it quite about you. this is about F/N. and it doesn't matter if you belong somewhere, it matters that there are people around you that make you feel like you belong! you expect f/n to fill in that void for you, but do nothing to deserve it. there isn't denying that now."

          "fine." professed kirari, completely unaffected. after all, what was there to be so surprised about the truth? she hated to admit so, but she wasn't that delusional.

             "i guess you're right. but i don't knew what has happened to me either. f/n might be my victim, but that's what brings charm to our relationship. by being my victim, she also became my forever friend, the one and only illuminating light of my life. she knew of my intentions from the beginning, and she accepted it, she believed in me, that i was just that much unloved if all i wanted was power, thinking the exhilaration and ownership of power would replace love. for the first time she made me realize that, i felt ashamed and... strangely enlightened, i suppose."

with that speech, kirari slowly faced f/n properly.

"my dearest, i'm not myself when i'm with you, that's how much you've changed me. i knew we were meant for each other since i started visiting you in your dreams.
                       will you choose me, f/n?"

"...just letting you know, breaking a promise will not take you beautiful places. if you know what i mean."
the albino female's voice sounded forced, but still dripping with honey as she vocalized her offer, the offer f/n couldn't refuse.
        immortal promises were sacred, whoever, wherever, whatever.

so she couldn't decline, but she could run away.
grabbing midari's wrist, she pulled her away from the scene, afraid to look back.

and so they escaped.

~

"we played that off well." said kirari.

"was going so far as to provoke midari necessary?" ririka replied timidly.

"yes, it was. you wouldn't understand why even if i were to tell you."

"is it going to hurt f/n?"

"of course not."

ririka glared at her sister, hesitating to believe her.

kirari shifted her feet.
"maybe, actually," kirari said this next line quickly, "but it's most certainly likely she'll stay safe. don't be paranoid about it, or you won't be able to enjoy anything."

"people that think like you get themselves in trouble they can't escape from." ririka stated.
in reaction, kirari stopped to think, processing her sisters outspoken observation.

"you're right," she said with a smile, "but i've gained as much as i lost. everything is a risk, and i'm sure you understand that far."

"what's going to happen to her exactly?"

"my dear sister, as i'll rephrase for you so the whole plan doesn't sound as manipulative as it is, you'll see."

"please stop with your fancy wording. that gives me more of a headache than whatever hidden meanings you're giving me."

"you don't appreciate my poetic speeches? okay, well, you're talking as if our conversation isn't an evil plot. what will the high court think of this?"

"they don't care, you did mention this was for her sake. evil done for good isn't really evil, is it?"

"the last person to think that way and go all out with such beliefs, is currently in the strange realm between heaven and hell. no shade however, he was quite the genius before death."

~

"f/n, i can't stay with you anymore. this might as well be the last time we meet."
      midari dropped f/n's hand, who was holding it tightly before. she looked down to the floor, trying her best to ward off her anxious emotions.

"no, please. are you going to leave me, so soon?"
             f/n begged. the sun was rising now, but the sunlights reflection on their surroundings made everything look more sinister than it was.

"i know where to take you, f/n. one last place you'll stay, until something else will happen."

"where- wait what will happen?"

        midari sighed, looking up from the ground and into f/n's melancholy e/c eyes, which were brimmed slightly with tears.

"don't worry, i know a close friend i'll leave you to," midari swallowed nervously, looking away from f/n's gaze, "you'll... like her. i'm sure."

"what will happen when my time with her is over then?"

midari forced another smile, this time entirely facing away from f/n, knowing she was no longer able to hide her expression. she stayed quiet.

f/n shrugged off the missing answer, assuming midari was just too tired to answer or didn't know any more than what she already knew.
           unfortunately, midari had kept silent because she did know what was going to happen after the given time.

the ravenette remembered something runa had loved to say, "as they say, the less you know the better you sleep."
              perhaps this would be the case for f/n, was what she repeated in her mind, poorly attempting self comfort. the context most certainly didn't match runa's quote, but the h/girl  was mostly comforted by the fact thag she remembered the bright, happy-go-lucky blonde.

         before they knew it, they had arrived. here they were, in a dark realm full of black velvet furniture. for such dull color schemes, something about the twisting interior and the height of the tower possessing these touches brought fulfillment to the new environment.

and coming out of another dark room with the delicate swing of a rosewood door, appeared a pale, attractive woman with shiny black hair tied back in a hasty ponytail.

"i've been expecting you, f/n."
she looked in midari's direction, nodding in approval as midari turned around to leave.
but not before she delicately wrapped her arms around the h/c female, her warm embrace turning chilling as her face grew paler with every passing second.

"i'm sorry," the green eyed immortal whispered, "i want you to remember me as someone who was able to help you, and this is the farthest i can take you. someday, you'll understand, that i didn't have a choice either."

and just like that, f/n was left alone with another mysterious ravenette.