chapter x

"i don't want you to end up with kirari, or ririka for all that matters. i know i've said that before, but you should know that i don't repeat phrases not worth repeating." midari declared, halfheartedly stepping over the thorny plants that surrounded their wake.

the moon shone in the distance, a beautiful white glow lighting up the path. f/n was pale with disbelief.
'my life needs a restart,' her subconscious begged, 'mary is broken, runa is gone. the twins, those who are supposed to look after me, they're deranged. if this is what it means to be immortal, permanent death doesn't sound so bad anymore.'

                            "now that's no way to talk about us."
a domineering voice whispered menacingly from behind midari, a wide smile stretching across the twin's face as she watched the shaken ravenette jump sideways in shock.
f/n also turned around in surprise, when she looked straight into ririka's eyes. it seemed almost as if the introverted twin knew what she was thinking, with just the notable hint of pity and scorn in her aura. or maybe she was imagining so.

         she wasn't. in fact, ririka was a bit annoyed that her love would think in such a way. after all she had done to protect her love, she had wished for an escape, which was handed to her on a silver platter; but f/n was yet to realize the horrors of the world beyond their clouded home.

        'my dearest, if only if you knew, the harsh truth would be unable to harm you if you had stayed with me, safe from the terrors that will only break you. bad experiences make you stronger, they say, but what if you're unable to recover? many people that believed so did just that, and they exist to be  weaker than ever before. you're in a predicament, f/n. but of course, i'll be your hero once again.'

"go on, i'd like to hear more about your opinions. what is it about them that make you think they're equivalent to truth?" said the colder twin, her counterpart standing silently next to her (still peering into f/n's eyes like there was no tomorrow).

"i don't need to say any more than the truth: you are DERANGED, kirari. i'm sure f/n thinks so too, she just isn't saying that out loud. you sure expect a lot from someone you tortured! you shaped her life to begin full of hope only for an inevitable end in misery. your ultimate plan was to do this on purpose, to break her so you could fix her again, be her 'savior.' you're a monster! you, of all people, should know, that as much as you break someone the harder it becomes for the pain to be forgotten.
f/n is not some useless life hack experiment you can do that to!" midari voiced, laughing in disbelief shortly afterwards.

"do you need to end up the same way as them to understand why i'm really doing this?" kirari threatened.

her counterpart shook like a leaf.
        savior? kirari was far from a savior. it was her doing that had brought them all to be in this complicated, miserable situation. there would be no conflict if she hadn't placed f/n in that cottage. she had started the plan with good intentions to end the plan with bad ones. how cunning.

"i already understand. it's that disgusting excuse, you 'love' her. no you don't. don't you understand this is wrong?" midari cried out.

"and this is why you're so lowly ranked in hell. it sucks to be you, to be too cruel for heaven, too nice for hell, but not quite so neutrally balanced enough to be anywhere else, and here you are taking out your anger on me because of your remorse of not belonging. how cute."
                            kirari snickered, mocking a        sympathetic look in midari's direction.

           midari froze in shock. she didn't want to break down, not now. even if she was to disappear like runa had, she wanted to leave knowing she had did her all in defending f/n.
after all... it had been runa's dying wish.