chapter ii

f/n slowly opened her eyes, where she saw a blinding light coming from a descending sunset. she was in a luminous backyard, the grass colored a melancholy tint of grass, the light complementing its shape and the wind swaying each blade in the same direction.

she felt her hair move in the same direction of the grass and her vision blur. her mind spun slowly, trying to recover the images and events from before she had been in an unconscious state.

until she heard a voice ascending from behind her. she wanted to turn around, but she couldn't. the voice was smooth and sweet, as it rang in her ears an ominous, song-like speech...

"i will only state the following information once: your name is f/n l/n. you were transacted here under a name that is to remain confidential until further notice, also know as your official release. your life plan will take place starting in exactly a minute and 27 seconds. you are currently seven, brought here because of unnatural circumstances and environment based research purposes. rules will be explained after introductions. you are seven years, nine hours, five minutes, 42 seconds old, and counting. you will stay and not leave until you are exactly 16 years of age. get ready, because you will forget everything involving your illegitimate life except your name and that you ever heard my voice, starting... now."

before f/n could process what the voice had said, she felt a sharp stab in her head as she was knocked down to the floor due to its impact. out of fear, agony, and the trauma, she passed out once again.

this would only be the beginning.

~

"hello? what are you doing here? and what's your name?" called a clear, sweet voice.
it was a voice of a short, child-like figure. she wore orange overalls with a frilly white blouse underneath, with long blond hair in pigtails to go with them. they were slightly crooked from spending the day without fixing them once.

the blond female only smiled back at f/n's confused blank stare before introducing herself.

"my name is runa yomozuki! the one and only. i like lollipops, annoying mary, and watching people argue. i'm three quarters faerie and one fourth demon, an angel at heart! so who are you?" runa spoke in a single breath, smiling triumphantly afterwards.

"my name... is f/n l/n. ...i don't think i remember anything. i guess i like... sleeping? i've never really known my origins, except that i'm some form of immortal. could you tell me where we are, runa?"

"beautiful name! to answer your question, we are in an inescapable dome that will keep you away from the horrors outside of it. no other animals, including insects, live here, except a few rabbits. that was my personal request, you can thank me later!"

"where do i go from here..."

"with me of course! you'll meet my best friend mary. she'll be like a charismatic, strict older sister, and i'll be like your more dramatic, very energetic younger sister. how does that sound?"

"that sounds... wonderful. but i wouldn't be a burden, would i? i could always try to find a way out of here..."

"absolutely not!" runa's gaze slightly darkened before morphing to a sweet, sadness edged expression.

"please stay f/n! we will raise you well until it is time to let you go. if you do find a way out, both of us will be in danger. mary will have to shift out of immortality and marry some stupid mortal politician, and i will sent back to the mortal world to watch people get high on card games at a shady academy amongst equally insane mortals. which doesn't sound bad on my part, but i would rather not go into details about that. so f/n, please please please stay."