chapter viii

"f/n, you're finally back! i was so worried. my sister didn't do anything to do, did she?" cried ririka. her hair looked disheveled and the feathers on her wings bent. a tired mess, it was apparent she had worried much for this particular immortal.
     she carefully enveloped f/n in her arms, doubting if kirari had spent so long with the female without hurting her somewhere.

"not quite. i suppose she took care of me."
f/n pulled away hesitantly from the hug, skeptical and still dizzy from traveling.

"f/n, i know."

"know what?"

"kirari is telling you things! about me! i am not planning anything. i just have a few things i don't want to confess..."
the soft twin cleared her throat before quickly adding, "but of course, none of them are evil or against the angelic policy."

f/n only nodded slowly in response, trying to clear her head.

          "what have you been doing without me? did you know that kirari would catch me that day, were you just playing into her hands?" the h/c immortal questioned groggily. she didn't know how to feel,

upset, confused, tired, sick, irritated.

ririka stared into f/n's eyes, a slightly disappointed expression adorning her facial features.

"yes, you're right. but it was all for your own good! i did play into kirari's plans, on purpose. i did that, not to hurt you, but to gain her trust, and we're here now. you're not going back to kirari. she's not even sane anymore. she'll be waiting for eternity. my plan is complete."
ririka hit a hand over her mouth, knowing she had confessed something she shouldn't have.

"so you DID have a plan! i knew something was off, something was wrong, something was so, so strange! when you asked me to play that game, as if i was some sort of prey and you were my hunter. and it was all for this?"

"you have no idea, f/n! not all angels belong in heaven. immortality or not, we're all bound to selfishness at some point in our lives, even if it is just for a moment. and this is my time."
           the silver blond girl had a crazed look in her eyes that appeared and disappeared in a flash. again, f/n could barely process their conversation enough to notice this change.

"i... i don't know what to say to that. don't you get in trouble?"

"no. f/n, i'm not a heartbroken villain, a twisted antagonist, a traumatized sadist, some good-turned-bad monster, none of what you may be thinking of me as with whatever negative adjective. i'm your one and only savior, an angel, okay?"
she harshly grabbed f/n's arm, lifting her up bridal style and dragging her upwards into the graying clouds above.

f/n, not wanting to look down, closed her eyes until their elevation balanced. when they settled down, ririka only smiled calmly as if their short argument had never existed.

        taking both of f/n's wrists in either of her hands, she held them tightly and smiled a tight lipped smile. not forced, but not completely satisfied either.

"i love you, very much," the long haired twin whispered, closing her eyes and holding f/n's wrists so tightly the e/c immortal felt her circulation threatening to disconnect.

"and i'm sorry, but this is for the greater good. your greater good. our greater good,"

f/n stared back in confusion, not daring to move her wrists as ririka began to recite: