falling in love with life

Astoria,

The world is silent tonight.

Only the crickets chirp their claiming sounds as I lie on my back, breathing in the nightly air.

The moon glows. The stars are hidden by the gray clouds, but their light never really leaves.

Do you ever miss these moments - the moments where you fall in love with being alive?

It's a hard thing, really. To fall in love with anything. Pain will come, but the end result is worth it.

I think you fell in love with living. You saw beauty in the sunset and their pretty colors. You saw humor in the way bugs fell flat on their back, and I thought it was truly beautiful how you picked them back up. Jumping away, the tiny animals gave their thanks to you and your helpfulness.

The world is missing love. Their missing the feeling when you wake in on Christmas Day. The feeling of walking into a room in a new outfit you love. It's missing your love, to missing your optimism, the light.

It's not just you who shone, though. Many people give off light that makes people feel like they will be okay again. Those people seem to have threads upon threads of pain in their life, but they always come through.

It's life you need to fall in love with before any other person. You can make you happy more than anyone else. Downgrading yourself will result in failure.

Sometimes a point to living isn't there, but with time and patience it will be. You may be drowning, but it's not a hopeless thought to believe you will come through.

Stay full of light, Astoria. Stay a beacon. Summon your love and life to rise around you. I aspire to be your influence.

Love,

Draco