Chapter 76: brought to you by dem berries

You thought friends had a fight before? Think again! With this new and improved version of Friendly Fights, you get not just a few cuss words but a full-on silent treatment! Now for only 6 payments of $19.95! But that's not all! Read in the next thirty minutes and you'll get a free mini-version of One-Night-Stand Fights, a retail value of $45! FREE! But all the drama you get to enjoy? Priceless. Disclaimer: may cause uncomfortable winces for the faint of heart and those who never watched Days of Our Lives with their mamas.

_____________________________________________

"I guess this isn't so bad, this kind of life." Shay sipped at her vegetable soup and peered out the small window in their 'home'. She still didn't trust the rabbits and preferred to take her meals inside where they wouldn't stare at her. Captain hadn't spoken to them since the earlier incident and she didn't seem to want to draw his interest, though she did continue to treat the other rabbit she'd attacked. He showed up every morning and evening to be treated, prompt and silent. They had yet to learn his name.

"I miss Winston though."

"Of course you do; all that hunky white tiger meat. I feel the same way about Ryan and Curtis. Speaking of which, have you two mated yet?"

Neara shook her head.

"I thought not. Geez, if I'm not there to boss you around, you never get anything done. Not that it's a bad thing, it's just weird that you both have these feelings for each other, but you never act on them. I'm glad you guys kissed; at least that's something."

"Yeah."

"Hey, don't look like that." Shay frowned at her friend.

"Look like what?"

"Like you're doubting his feelings towards you. I get it; you're Neara and you're going to be anxious about everything, but calm down. He's not going to forget you. You're the hottest female he's ever seen and you two made out like horny teenagers." She licked her spoon deliberately and gnawed the handle as she thought. "He's not going anywhere, so stop angsting about it."

"I can't help it! In our world..."

"First of all, we're not there anymore, so the rules don't apply. Secondly, we're super hot in this world and have the fertility of... well, rabbits. Thirdly...I don't know if there is a thirdly, but you should believe in yourself a little more. I mean, geeze, what did Justin do to you to make you this way?"

Neara stayed silent, her entire body frozen.

"Shit, sorry I said that. Forget I brought it up... I'm sorry."

"It's....fine." Neara stared at her hands, willing them to move. "I just..."

"Hey, let's not talk about it. So, here's my plans for the day; I want to go berry picking and look over the valley and pretend I'm Saruman coming to conquer the Hobbits. Then, if I still have energy, I want to scream as loud as I can in the middle of those woods over there and time how long it takes them to find us." She smiled sadistically. "See how cocky they really are."

"Sounds good." Her hands finally moved to the bowl and brought it to her mouth. She sipped the cool soup slowly, trying to steady her arms.

"Or maybe we could just sit here for a little bit until you're done eating." Shay fluffed Neara's cloak slightly. "I really need to get pants made or something... I feel bad taking your cloak. You haven't taken it off since you made it."

"It's fine... I don't feel so exposed here anyway."

"Weird. Even when I had my skirt on, I still felt like every single one of them was undressing me in their minds. Maybe I'm just paranoid though. Hey, did I tell you about the Horse beastmen? Talk about rippling muscles. Beauty is big and buff to them, though, and they thought I was tiny and therefore ugly, so that was a relief; honestly, the safest I've ever felt. I wanna go back some day."