Chapter 62: brought to you by, uh, brain farts...

Periods suck, including mine, that's why I'm late. So I'll put up two chapters today, so forgive me and lap up the story like the chocolate it is while I bury my sad face into the couch and let it be beat on by a toddler holding a stuffed pikachu.

Previously, on "Whose That Sexy'Mon?": Winston leaves with the salt caravan, Orson leaves with the twins, Ape King instigates an insidious plot and bunnies leave. Lots of leaving.

___________________________________

Winston stood in front of Neara at the main doors to the Tiger Castle. Orson opted to sleep in with the boys, although once they heard the commotion, they had to be a part of it. The tigers were used to the brown puff balls by now and they only lifted their feet in mild irritation as the kids spun around butting each other and the beast forms carrying empty baskets.

"I will miss you."

"I'll miss you too. We'll talk about all this more when you get back." Still feeling like a cheater, she wrapped her arms around him. He melted into her touch and his body conformed to hers. Lifting her slightly off the ground, his embrace seemed to involve his entire being.

"You have occupied my thoughts since I first saw you, and will continue to do so until I can see you again," he murmured into her ear.

The rush of endorphins and associated guilt panged her body as his voice hummed through her. She stiffened and he set her on the ground, feeling the change in the mood. "You can kiss me if you want," she mumbled through a blush and a faceful of hair.

Bending down, he gently lifted her chin and planted a kiss with all the weight of a flower petal, yet the amount of emotion behind it shook her knees. "Thank you."

"It's... you're welcome." She smiled at him. "I really like you, and I'm sorry I couldn't go, I just... wanted to spend time with my boys. Kind of to prove to myself I'm not a bad mom or anything. They're going away for a long time and I don't want their last memories of me to be this sad, depressed person who didn't care about them."

A beastman roared something in beast tongue and Winston ignored them, his entire attention on Neara's face. "You cannot compare yourself to Shay, or take her words so seriously. If she meant any criticism, it is only because you are not a mother like her. Your boys love you, truly, and to pretend otherwise is an insult to their intelligence." He roared back to the beastman, who shifted his weight and groaned. "Your reasons for staying are noble, and although I would like to share this with you, I would prefer your soul to be at peace when I return." He smiled and it looked like the weather outside; spring dawning on a frozen background. "You will be better when I return, and I will show you what I can offer you as your mate."

"It doesn't matter what you..."

"For the gods' sakes! You've been muttering sweet nothings to each other for almost an entire cycle! Get on that damn road already!" Orson threw a handful of snow off the wall above them and it landed with a splat next to Neara. "Piss off, Winston!"

Winston nodded in his direction and turned to Neara with a smile. "I can't be mad at him, who gave his approval so freely."

"No, but I can." She cast an evil eye upward although she also felt the moment went on a bit much. "Good bye, Winston."

"I'll see you soon." He turned and roared to the caravan, who answered back with a noise that shook the earth. The lambs screamed and bolted for Neara, almost mowing her down in the process.

The caravan, consisting of most of the Tiger Clan although the Leopard, Ape, and Wolf Clans also contributed members to support their own interests, started their long walk, disappearing behind the city. Determined to see him off, Neara waved until she couldn't see him anymore. She wasn't waving for long.