"we're not going anywhere until you tell me what happened," you sat him up against a tree, using your sleeves to wipe the blood off his lips.

"they found out," he coughed, "someone must've eavesdropped on us that night-" more blood spilled out from his lips, dirtying his bloody clothes. "they've been sending demon slayers after me, i'm sorry [y/n], i killed them all. i had no choice," he explained. "i was going to come find you but a pillar showed up..." he grunted in pain as he felt his lower half go numb. "i think it was the insect pillar... i didn't know, she used some poison on me and argh," he grabbed onto his stomach, wincing in pain. "it's really effecting me."

"did... did you..."

"no i didn't. i ran away... but i did break her left arm," he stated, tilting his head back as he squeezed his eyes shut. "fuck... it hurts so bad..."

"can you stay here for a while? i know how to get rid of the poison but i need to go back to the butterfly estate-"

"did you not hear what i just said-"

"i did, i did. but we can't run away with you like that," you explained, "just give me three minutes. i promise i'll be back by then."

you could see kurai hesitating as he gave you an unsure stare. finally he gave in. "fine," he muttered, "three minutes, okay?" you gave him a firm nod before standing up, running back to your house. when you turned back to take a last look, you noticed how he had shaped shift into a shadow, making himself unseen.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"hey... hey..!" you shook his shoulders, trying to wake him up. "huh..." he croaked out, rubbing his eyes. "you feeling any better?" you asked after injecting the medicine into him.

"yeah..." he slowly pushed himself up, stretching his legs. "yeah, not numb anymore, than-" his eyes widened when he saw the syringe laying on the ground. "did you just poke a needle in me?!" he exclaimed with a horrified look. "uhm, duh."

"i-i think i'm gonna die..." he muttered out. "no you're not."

"no... i'm feeling a little dizzy right now..."

"kurai. stop it."

"i'm gonna pass out-"

"kurai! stop it before i kick you," you warned, rolling your eyes at his dramatic acts.

"okay okay i-"

"it's them!" a voice shouted from a distance. your head snap to the side as you see two demon slayers standing in front of you. "oh shit," you muttered, gripping onto your sword.

"[l/n]-san! what are you doing? that's a demon!" one of them shouted.

"yeah! i know!" you gave them a thumbs up, "but it's okay! he's my friend!"

"t-that's not allowed..." the girl stated.

"what are you two doing?" a boy ran up towards them, his sword in his hand. "our order was to kill them if we see them!" he yelled.

"b-but it's [l/n]-" the girl tried to protest but was interrupted. "she's early not on our side! she's protecting a demon!" the boy exclaimed.

"s-sorry [l/n]-san," the other boy apologised, unsheathing his sword.

the two who arrived first aimed for kurai as they didn't want to hurt you. while the boy who came late sped towards you with a determined look. "sorry, kyojuro," you muttered, knowing he would not be happy with your next actions. taking your sword out as well, you dodged the boy's attack with ease, lifting your sword up you pushed it through the boy's chest, where his heart was located. not even having a moment to speak, his body fell to the dirt, unmoving.

that moment, you've made your decision. your answer to kurai's question from that night.

you turned around and found kurai standing over two bodies. "no going back now [y/n]," he stated, noticing the frown on your face. "i know..." you kept your sword and made your way towards him. "let's get out of here before the rest finds us," you suggested, not wanting to hurt anymore of your comrades. with that, the two of you fled from the scene, making your way to god knows where.

next chapter :unwanted▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

next chapter :
unwanted
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

rjsbbdnsbxnbsbxbsbd
🙂👍