Chapter 27: Checkpoint

Start from the beginning

This failed when another rose quartz took her spear and moved it in front of Yellow's throat and pulled back, choking her. Yellow tried to remove it away from her neck but the rose quartz kept it there as best as she can. The one Yellow tried to disarm took her own spear and aimed it at Yellow's gem.

(Rose Quartz Rebel) This is for all the discrimination you put against us!

She thrusted the spear forward, but it didn't move. The rose quartz looked at the spear and tried again, but no budge. She looks over her shoulder to see a hand holding it, and a fist moving to her face.

She falls over. It was Batman. Yellow can see the unconscious, brutalized rebels who were unfortunate to fight him now.

Yellow headbutts the rose quartz with the back of her head and stomped on her shin and she fell over. She kicked the rose quartz to make sure she doesn't get back up. There's one gem left and it was the leader of the checkpoint.

She was on the ground. Batman placed his boot on her cheek. She was valuable to interrogate for any information.

(Batman) Break your silence, or I break you.

(Rebel Leader) Please, don't hurt me! I'll you what you want to know!

[Rebel Interrogated: No Secrets]

(Batman) I'll do my best.

He crushed her head with his knee and she poofed. Yellow observed the boxes. She opened one of them and they have some weapons in it.

(Yellow Diamond) These are weapons we keep locked up in our weapons locker. It appears they've raided it.

Batman took Explosive Gel and sprayed it on the other crates and hit detonate.

[Explosive]

(Yellow Diamond) ...Okay then.

She would've been upset at the expense of dozens of weapons being destroyed, but this was neccessary to prevent the rebellion from using them. She looked at Batman's posture, noticing his shoulders are down. Normally, they're up and even with each other, but they're uneven.

He's clearly not alright, or fine. He's practically or already showing physical body language of depression. Yellow wanted to help him, but he keeps shutting her out.

Does he have someone to treat his mental health? Because you don't just shrug something like a death of a friend off. Maybe White can help him tomorrow after he gets a good night's sleep.

(Yellow Diamond) Can you... take me to the next checkpoint? I don't necessarily have the equipment to travel like you.

He beckoned her to come closer. He wrapped his arm around her waist which caused her face to heat up. His grip seemed unbelievable to her.

He grappled and they both went up.

10 minutes later

Normally Batman gets to checkpoints in at least two minutes. But carrying Yellow took longer. They both got to high ground near this checkpoint.

Yellow noticed a particular detail about the rebels here. They're holding destabilizer spears.

(Yellow Diamond) I can't be spotted in that area.

(Batman) Why not?

(Yellow Diamond) Those gems have destabilizer spears. A high voltage of destabilization in that spear. One touch, and I'll be demolished.

(Batman) It's fine. I'll do this one myself.

She didn't really know how to respond to that. Mainly, she thought he'd push her to help him. He grappled to a different area.