Chapter 6: Alive Inside

3rd Person P.O.V.

Steven and Lars finally reached the ground. Steven has a hold of Lars and they gently float down to the ground softly. Steven is immensely scared for Lars because he's been bleeding inside the bubble and it was at the point where Steven had to close his bubble so Lars' blood was getting on his pants.

Steven is regretting removing that knife from his stomach.

(Steven) Just hang on, Lars.

He didn't respond.

(Steven) Lars?

[Silence]

(Steven) Lars?!

[Silence]

(Steven) LARS!

He felt stiff. Steven licked his hand and placed it on Lars' wound. It healed the wound, but he already lost too much blood and now he's dead.

(Steven) No! No, no, no, no, NO!

He cried. His friend is dead, and it's all his fault. He was supposed to protect him, and he failed.

The blood is on his hands, figuratively and literally. His tears land on Lars' corpse. Steven wipes the blood off of himself, it felt so unsettling.

He cried some more before he noticed something. Lars' body is glowing.

(Steven) What the--

He backs away from Lars' body. Is he a zombie? Finally, the glowing stopped and Lars' body was the same, just more pinker than ever.

(Lars) Ow! Steven...?

He rubbed his eyes.

(Lars) I feel... weird.

(Steven) Lars!

He hugs him.

(Lars) Hey, get off of me.

He pushed Steven away.

(Lars) Okay, how did I get here? Last thing I remember is being at that room with those chicks. Wait.

He looks down at his shirt to see blood on it, and blood on Steven.

(Lars) Is that my blood?

(Steven) Y-yes...

(Lars) What happened?

(Steven) You got stabbed by Blue Diamond. Well, she threw a knife at you and it hit your stomach. I pulled the knife out, and you bleed out. I'm so sorry!

(Lars) I died?

(Steven) Yes.

(Lars) If I'm dead, aren't I in heaven?

(Steven) N-no. You're on Homeworld. We both fell out of the courtroom. You were brought back to life.

(Lars) Am I zombie?

(Steven) No, if you were, you'd be trying to eat my brains right now. Do I look appetizing to you?

(Lars) Ew! No!

(Steven) Okay, that's good, I guess. I'm so sorry for letting you die! I didn't mean to, I was trying to protect you and--

(Lars) Hey, calm down before you pass out. Look, it's not your fault.

(Steven) (sniffles) It's not?

(Lars) No. It's that crazy blue chick with the robe. If she threw that knife at us, then it's her fault. Nobody could've stopped her except herself, right?