nineteen

Nine months later...

"I can't believe I have a child." Jeongguk mumbled looking at his daughter, Hyejin, in the crib sleeping soundly in her purple baby onsie her black hair dishevelled. "Well believe it, because you're changing her diaper next." Taehyung spoke and rubbed Jeongguks back soothing the male. Jeongguk in return nodded with a small smile and stared down at the little baby.

Since Hyejin was born Jeongguk was cautious what he was doing around her. He never changed her diaper or held her for more than two minutes. Scared he will crush his precious daughter or make her cry. Taehyung was patient and whenever he made her food, changed her diaper, bathe her, anything. He called Jeongguk so he can watch, he would talk and Jeongguk would suck in the words.

Today Jeongguk is going to bathe her and change her. He was nervous but he will do his best and not make his princess cry.

Taehyung was observing his husband in the bathtub. Impressed and scared, because in any moment Jeongguk would panic and give Hyejin to him.

"You're doing great bunny boo. Now slowly wash off the soap, try talking to her so she doesn't get scared." Jeongguk nodded and did as he was instructed. Jeongguk carefully dripped water on her body. Unconsciously he started singing lowly just for her to hear. When she started giggling, Jeongguks heart swell in pride. He looked up at Taehyung with sparkly eyes and a wide smile, "She giggled." He spoke and excitement could be heard in his voice. Taehyung smiled and nodded at his hubby. "Yeah she did, that means she loves it but don't over-due it." Jeongguk nodded and dipped her in the water one more time before going out of the bath wrapping her in her fluffy towel.

Hyejin started giggling at the ticklish feeling as Jeongguk patter her body with the towel. "She's like you ticklish." Jeongguk spoke and smiled at his daughter making her smile. Taehyung scoffed and started recording with a smile. "But she has your features which I'm so happy about." Jeongguk felt his heart skip a beat and his face flushed red. "Because, she is my princess."

They moved to the nursery and Jeongguk gently laid Hyejin on the changing table. Before the bath he set everything he needed beside the table so he won't go walking around searching for things.

Taehyung was recording the process with a smile but a little worried. Not for Hyejin but for Jeongguk. He could back out of it at any moment.

With a deep breath Jeongguk started. With each move he talked under his breath, not to Hyejin but to himself. "Cream, powder, diaper, onsie." And it went like that; he gently rubbed the cream on Hyejins body and cheeks squishing them sometimes to make her giggle. Then he put some powder, slowly he brought her legs in the air and set the diaper underneath her tushy. Making sure the straps of the diaper are not too tight, and not uncomfortable. He kissed her tummy and started dressing her in her bunny onsie.

After everything is done he brought her against his chest and kissed her forehead. Looking at Taehyung he smiled seeing the boy with small tears in his eyes. "Did I do good, carrot?" he asked with hopeful eyes and Taehyung nodded his head fast and hugged the dad. "Yes, you did great. I'm so proud bunny boo." It was like a stone fell from his heart he let out a sigh of relief. "Thanks." They shared a small kiss and Taehyung then watched how Jeongguk lulled Hyejin to sleep.

The pair showered and now were, laying in their bed looking at each other. "How are you feeling?" Taehyung asked as he ran his fingers through Jeongguks hair making him relax under the soft touch. "Good, but still a little scared." Taehyung kissed his cheek and smiled at the male, "Don't be. I'll be with you through every step and help you with anything. You didn't even notice but you're smiling more since the wedding and when Hyejin was born. And that's a big step for you honey. Now you can share your smile with Hyejin and not just me." Jeongguk nodded and kissed Taehyung forehead bringing him closer by his waist. "It's all thanks to you, my lovely carrot."

Sharing one more kiss they fell asleep embraced in each other's warmth and love for each other.

Since that day Jeongguk always bathe Hyejin and those were the moments he loved the most aside sleeping together in one bed with the love of his life and his daughter.

Jeongguk felt the changes. How he smiled more, talked more, showed more expressions. But the fear didn't go away. There were days where he was silent, not a word left his mouth, he just kissed Hyejin and Taehyung and went to work.

Every night before going to sleep Taehyung would shower Jeongguk in love and kisses. Telling him how he is doing well and to not be scared, that he understood the male, and will be there for him. A new chapter of his life started to write itself and this chapter is about his self improvement. And with days Jeongguk got better but still with a wall built up. Just his family being blessed seeing him smile and talking freely.

Jeongguk working from home gave him a chance to build a bond between himself and Hyejin. Always playing and watching BT21 in the living room. Taehyung got a job at a call center, working full-time. They were almost always together, learning new things on how to raise a child and take care of it. Taking pictures every chance they got to capture the emotions and action in the moment so later they could remember everything and smile.

And with the parents being close to each other every day, made them crave each other more. With late night steamy sessions the pair enjoyed their time before getting ready for another baby.

The weekends spent at the park getting friendly with other parents. It gave Jeongguk an opportunity to improve his social skills. And Taehyung to know more gossip that is going around the city.