Music & Groceries

Start from the beginning

"So I don't blow your cover now answer my question." She sighs and turns to face me.

"I like spending time with you, and I'm not ready to go back to my sisters yet, so I dunno. Can I stay longer?" She requests timidly. I smile, she wants to stay with me? Holy shit.

We kept the lights on by Milo Greene starts playing and I scramble to change the song almost dropping my phone. She giggles and says "It's okay, it's not going to trigger me. I love his music." she assures me. I change it anyway. Dreams by Fleetwood Mac starts playing and we both start bopping around to it, smiling at each other knowing we both liked this one.

"You can stay as long as you want, Angel. I do have to work this week, but if you want to listen to me try to help kids not suffer through math then you can stick around." She laughs and a huge smile covers her face.

"I think I'll enjoy that actually. Thank you, you're the best." She states and continues on right past the chips. I stop in my tracks and reach out a hand to get some chips. She turns and slaps my hand away. "You already have those!"

"So? I like chips." I reach over again and she slaps my hand again. "Ouch!"

"I'm not sorry, this is an intervention. I pick the groceries." She commands softly.

"Sorry ma'am, yes ma'am," I reply. She rolls her eyes at me and continues. I let her do her thing, filling the cart with what she deems as good for me. I hum along to the ending of Dreams and she smiles softly at the chicken in her hand. "What's so special about that chicken?" I ask. She gives me an are you serious look and I shrug.

"I'm smiling at your humming, it's louder than you think." She lets me know, setting the chicken in the cart.

"Oh sorry."

"I didn't say it was a bad thing, Princess." I blush and nod eyeing some chicken nuggets. "Don't even think about it, you have nuggets already." I pout and she laughs walking away. I follow and smile to myself. I like this. It's nice. Use somebody starts playing and I'm not feeling it so I click to the next song. I Want to Hold Your Hand starts playing and I start bopping around like an idiot to see if Lizzie would laugh. She turns and notices and shakes her head trying to hold back a smile. I start singing the song to her and she shushes me putting her hand over my masked mouth. "Shhh, we are in public you know."

I smile as she takes her hand off my mask-covered face. "What you didn't like my obnoxious singing?"

"I did not, no. Save it for a less public and cramped place. People are bound to get annoyed at the grocery store." I pout and she says "Later." I quirk an eyebrow and smirk under my mask. Wanky. She shoots me a warning glare and I smile cheekily at her even though she can't see it. She sets some milk and almond milk in my cart as girls by girl in red starts playing. I snort.

"Wait I don't drink Almond Milk," I state confused.

"Well, I do so deal with it." She replies. "Is this another girl in red song?" I nod and she nods in approval. I smirk a little.

"So what's Scarlett Johansson like?" I ask. She turns to me away from the cheese.

"She's great, kind, funny. Exactly what she seems like." I nod in acceptance.

"What's Tom Holland like?" I ask, equally as interested. She huffs out a laugh and grabs some Brie.

"The same thing, he's funny, kind, very talented. Sweet guy." I nod in acceptance again.

I pick up the Brie and before I can ask she says "Brie is amazing too, now stop it you're going to blow my cover ya goof." She smiles showing she isn't annoyed at all. I smile back through my mask. I like how we can tell when we are smiling even though we have masks on. This whole mask thing just improved by observant skills. Maggie Rogers starts playing and I jump in excitement, I love Maggie Rogers. I hear Lizzie giggle as she puts some bread in the cart. "You like this one huh?" She questions. I nod quickly. She laughs again and turns to continue walking around. As we walk by the cookies Rhiannon starts playing and I slow down. I grab some cookies and walk up to Lizzie who stopped when she realized I wasn't following. I offer the cookies to her with puppy dog eyes and she eyes the cookies then makes eye contact. She sighs and nods rolling her eyes. I jump and pump my fist in victory and put them in the cart.

We reach the check-out line and have to wait a bit. She waits next to me quietly observing the place while we listen to the music in our ears. This was really fun. She's adorable and it's fun trying to make her laugh and entertain her. It's our turn and I hand her my card. She hesitates and I shove it into her hand physically showing her I won't let her pay for my groceries.

"Y/N, you are letting me stay with you, let me pay for the groceries." I grab her hips and physically put her behind me so I can give the cashier my card before she protests anymore. I hear her huff and start putting the stuff on the belt.

"You're annoying." She states.

"Thanks, Angel I try." I wink at her and she shakes her head at me again. We split the bags between us after I pay and start heading back to my apartment. How did she make the simple task of shopping so much fun? On our walk back Sweet Creature by Harry Styles plays. It's one of my favorites and I can't help but softly sing it to myself, not noticing I'm doing it. I notice Lizzie glances at me and I stop singing, switching to humming.

"You can sing it, I've seen crazier things on the streets than someone singing Sweet Creature." I blush and shake my head softly. I didn't realize I was doing it and I don't like singing in public. She shrugs at my lack of response and hums along. "You should sing for me someday." She states softly.

"Yeah, that's a no." I shake my head, turning onto my street.

"Why not?" She questions slightly disappointed.

"Because I'd like to keep my dignity thank you." She just rolls her eyes and follows me into my apartment.

"Let's listen to some Harry Styles while we unpack!" She requests or demands. I accept and unlock my door. I smile to myself as she lets herself in like she owns the place and starts putting the groceries away, I notice she cleans out my fridge and organizes it, getting rid of the old food. This woman is too much.

______________________________________________________________________________________
A/N Lizzie is worming her way into Y/N's life. I enjoyed writing this chapter, I found it cute. I can't believe how much fun I'm having writing this. I'm not a writer at all so this is new. Hope you enjoy it!

(Edited 5/19)