"Jennie didn't feel well." Jisoo justified.

To their surprise Chaerin didn't drag them back to the hall, in fact she closed the door and sat on the bed, a glass of red wine was on her left hand while the other motioned for them to sit too. But they decided to stay on their feet out of doubt.

"You could get wine stains on the sheets." Jennie isn't sure why that was the thing she decided to break the silence with but she did it anyway.

And receiving a chuckle from her mother in response was even more shocking. Did she just laugh? That's a rare occurrence. She must be intoxicated, Jennie concluded.

"You know, when I found out you ran away from home I was relieved." Chaerin spoke groggily while taking sips from her wine. She placed the glass down and half-smiled at a stunned Jennie. "You did what I always wanted to do."

"Excuse me?" Jennie blinked.

"Your father is quite demanding and at the same time, he can't fulfill what he expects from others. Seeing him run the business of my family into ruins was quite a thing. You'd need to have a real problem if you are able of turning something unshakable into a wrecked ship." She chuckled once again. "I don't think I ever told you how I met your father, it was the same way you were supposed to met your spouse. I'm glad you found another way."

"Um...." Jennie leaned into Jisoo's side as the elder held her hand. "Where are you going with this mother? I don't understand... Am I in trouble?"

"This is not me scolding you because you didn't do your homework." Chaerin humoured. "This is me telling you to run. Detach yourself from us and be happier. I'm afraid this could be your last night if you don't."

"What do you mean?" Jisoo chirped in with the implication of her wife being in danger.

"Your dear mother isn't fond of your disobedient behaviour and she blames my daughter for it." Chaerin told them but they already knew that so they asked her to elaborate. "And my husband was all to happy giving her the go to hand her out to the people he owes money. As payment." She said the last word disgust in her voice. "In return Sandara will clear his debts."

"You don't have much time, so don't make me repeat myself. Leave." The woman stood up and stepped close, exchanging a tense gaze with Jisoo. "If you are serious about loving her, then promise me to protect her."

"I promise." Jisoo said without hesitation. "Where are they coming from?" She asked bluntly as the situation dawned on her.

"Your dad, Seunghyun he is stalling them but Sandara saw you going upstairs, she must have told them already. So when you leave, don't turn the lights on and be cautious. There is a back exit." She instructed them and told them the way.

"What about you? And Ningning?" Jennie frowned since she didn't want to leave just like this.

"They are not after us. You are the only one who is of use to him, as of the moment." Chaerin exclaimed.

"But-"

"I asked you not to make me repeat myself." Chaerin sighed. "Please just take her and go." She turned to Jisoo.

The raven nodded her head and dragged an unwilling Jennie to the door. Her resolve became firm and she wouldn't make her whimpers make her stop. She promised to protect her and she would.

"Stop it!" Jennie's frown deepened while she teared her arm off Jisoo's firm grip.

"You heard her Jen." Jisoo refused to let her go back. "She is not in danger, you are. Once we are in safety we can come back for your family. We can't do that if we are dead."