Chapter 12

Naina's POV:

"Ammie, we are here," I informed her once I pressed the brakes of our car in the location mentioned in the message. She was still silent, gazing at the sky as the stars twinkled, illuminating the surrounding.

"Ammie!"

"Huh?"

"We are here." I said, motioning her towards a treehouse. I felt it weird when he shared the address but didn't have the energy to ask him further after watching Ammie. Thank God Aunt was not in the hallway as we could escape with no second thought of lying to her, but this still irked me. If Ammie and David love each other, they must let my aunt know about it. Once a person lies, there's no going back. They keep lying in every situation just to hide the first one.

"He will be alright, no?" She asked me. Her eyes were red, and she looked so disheveled that it broke my heart. My knight needed me now, and I would not let her down. Nodding at her, I held her hands and walked towards the entrance.

It was a poorly constructed house. Woods and leaves covered the house, making it look too old and in terrible condition. Furrowing my brows, I wondered what made him bring injured David to this lonely home instead of going to the hospital. Anger surged through me, but I tamed it down just for the sake of Ammie.

Switching on the flashlight of my phone, I looked at the path that was covered with leaves. Scrunching my nose, I slowly walked towards a dimly lit hut that stayed at the topmost branch of a thick tree. To a normal person, it would just look like one branch. But, if you look closely, it was a small house covered with branches, like a small hiding place. I wondered whether Akul built it or just used it for the time being.

"Why'd he bring him here?" Ammie asked the same question that bothered me from the beginning.

"We wouldn't know until we get there."

"Why are we even believing a stranger?" She questioned. "The fact that he had David's number and I wonder why we don't think twice." My voice turned like a whisper as I ended what was supposed to be an answer.

"Here."

"Damn!" We both shrieked as we heard Akul's voice from behind. Taking a swift turn, we both looked at his hidden figure behind a tree. In the dark alley, only moonlight showed his figure and absentmindedly I lifted my phone to flash the light directly on his face.

"Shut that up!" His voice was thunderous. The base was enough for me to lose hold of my phone and it fell down. "Where is David?" Ammie took a step towards him, but I held her hand, stopping her from going any further. I can be reckless, but I can't let my sister go near a stranger who screamed only of danger well, even if I kind of wanted to interact but not my sister.

"If I screamed of danger, then you shouldn't have come here." Did..did he just?! Oh, my fuck- nooo I can't even! Damn you, asshole! This time, I wanted him to listen to my thoughts. I wanted to yell at him, but Ammie needed me. "What did you say?" She asked, clearly unaware of the situation I was in.

"It's nothing. He must be a crazy fellow." I answered through gritted teeth.

"Crazy fellow who saved her boyfriend." He shot back, and I shut my mouth, as I still had to find out what actually happened.

"Are you guys wearing heels? As now that you gotta climb up there, you must be good physically. Otherwise, I have to carry you guys one by one." He said as we reached towards the tree where the hut was.

"We can climb." I said. "Just take me there. I don't think I can make it up to that house when my mind is unstable." I heard Ammie, who stood beside me and sighed. I saw Akul nodding at her.